Gone ‐ Cortnee Vine x Reader Part 2

How did I get roped into this smh
------------------
koi_fishs p2
------------------
Also TW lots of blood lots lots lots yep yep yep

Also quick mention of death be warned
-------------------

"Cort? Are you in there?" Charlotte joked, waving her hand in front of Cortnee's face. "You left for sec."

"Yeah, sorry, what were you sayin', babes?"

"You ready for the match tomorrow?"

The winger racked her brain. "Against..."

"Arsenal! How have you forgotten? We've literally never played them before."

"Oh, right," Cortnee shook her head.  "It slipped my mind."

"You're so forgetful sometimes," Charlotte smiled fondly. "Aren't you excited to see Y/N?"

Y/N. Just hearing your name sent pangs of guilt through Cortnee's empty heart.

"Yeah, of course," she lied. "I'm always excited to see her."

The duo sat in silence, both occupied by their own thoughts.

"Hey, Char?" Cortnee said suddenly. "Could you ever imagine a life without me?"

Charlotte was quiet for a moment. "No. I need you. Why?"

"Just asking."

--------------------

"Hi, girls," you forced a smile onto your face as you slipped into the changing room. "We ready to face Sydney?"

"Yup," Katie patted you on the back uncharacteristically softly as you sat down at your cubby. "Ye' ready?"

"Mhm," you pulled your shirt over your head, missing the way Kim and Steph shared a look. "I'm excited."

Katie snorted, ignoring the way that the rest of your teammates glared at her. "Coulda fooled me."

"I am excited."

Stina silently intervened, pulling the door open and ushering Jonas inside to do his pre-match talk. "Quiet down, girls."

Jonas raised his eyebrows at the thin layer of awkwardness in the room. "Everybody alright?"

"Yes. Go ahead, Jonas."

"Okay, so..."

-------------------

"Y/N," Kim grabbed your arm just before you left the changing room. "Wait a minute."

"What is it, Kimmy?" you asked, eyes darting to the side where Steph was standing with her arms crossed.

The Scot sat on the bench, gesturing for you to do the same. "Ye' trust me, don't ye'?"

You nodded instantly. "Yes."

"I hope ye' understand that Steph informed me of yer' current... situation with Cortnee Vine," the captain stated apologetically. "Regardless of how ye' feel about that, ye' need to let me or Jonas know if ye' can't play today."

"Steph!" you hissed, standing up quickly. "I told you all of that because I trusted you! I don't want this getting out."

The defender's gaze never wavered. "Do you think we'd let something like this get out? I was your captain. Kim is your captain. We care about you as both a player and a person. If you can't play in today's game because the emotions are too high, then don't play. You're more important than football."