My Tiny Terror - Mackenzie Arnold x Reader

You were an absolute boss on the field. One of Australia's finest. Your speed and ball skills made you the perfect Forward. The only problem? You were tiny. Something your annoyingly tall girlfriend and your teammates loved to tease you about.

"Y/NNNN!" Mackenzie singsonged, strutting into your shared room with Ellie who was already downstairs. "Wake up babes!"

"Noooo," you mumbled, sleep lacing your voice. "Tired."

"Love, go get ready before I turn this mattress over," the Keeper threatened, flexing her biceps menacingly. "You know I ain't jokin'."

You huffed, rolling onto the floor before leaning back into a kip up. "You better carry me downstairs."

------------

"You're ridiculous," Mackenzie huffed, hauling you over her shoulder.

"Mmmm," you hummed, burying your face into the side of her neck. "Love you."

The Keeper kissed the top of your head. "Love you too."

------------

You were greeted with snickers from your teammates once you and Macca had entered the dining hall.

"Y/N, you are the biggest baby I've ever met," Charli teased from across the room. "What's next? Macca gonna burp you?"

As your girlfriend sat you in a chair next to Alanna, you growled loudly, "Piss off ya' fucker."

"Sorry, forgot you weren't a morning person," Charli shot back. "Miss Grumpy Pants."

"You should be," you sassed, nodding your thanks to Caitlin as she passed you a bowl of cereal and a coffee.

You sipped it lightly, frowning at the extremely sweet taste.
"Caity, how much sugar did you put in this?"

"Only a packet," she said innocently, putting her hands up in a pacifying motion. "Why?"

Your face scrunched up as you took another sip. "Just a bit sweet."

In truth, she'd put somewhere around 6. Your ADHD ass always got really hyper whenever you had more than 2 packets, so she and Alanna occasionally liked to put in an extra 3 or 4.

Caitlin shrugged. "I only put 1, maybe the coffee 'ere's just really sweet."

You nodded, proceeding to gulp down the drink. Your brain didn't function without it, so you didn't really care how much sugar was in it. Well, the more energy you had the better, right? You had a game against England later always, they'd just recieve harsher tackles than usual.

------------

"Hey, Macca?" Sam asked the Keeper tentatively during warmups. "Does- uhm- does Y/N-"

"What is it, Sam?" Mackenzie asked impatiently. "I haven't got all day, spit it out."

"Does Y/N seem a little... excited to you?"

Your girlfriend squinted at you, eyes laser-focused on your small form which was currently terrorizing the shit out of a terrified Courtnee Vine.

The Keeper's eyes zeroed in on a snickering Alanna Kennedy and Caitlin Foord, the two grinning at your energetic behavior.

"Oi! Alanna! Caitlin!" Mackenzie yelled, storming over to the Forward and Defender. "What'd you do to my girlfriend?"

Caitlin shrugged nonchalantly. "Nothin', why would you assume we put extra sugar in Y/N's coffee?"

The 5'11 Aussie's eyes narrowed. "I never said anything about coffee."

The pair's faces paled, eyes widening as the angry Keeper chased them around the pitch.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS!"

-------------

"Oi, Leah!" You called to your close friend and fellow gunner. As her eyes lifted up to yours, you bodied her to into the pitch, stealing the ball in the process.

"Hey!" The English captain joked, stumbling to regain her balance. "You have too much sugar again?"

You snickered as you ran past her. Rubbing salt in the wound, you faked a shot left, then right, finally chipping the ball over a confused Mary Earps.

You somersaulted over to Sam and Caitlin, the two grinning as they jumped on top of you. You awkwardly patted the jumbled mess of teammates who had piled on top of you, eventually forcing your way up over them all.

"HI BABE!" You waved cheerfully at your girlfriend from down the field. "LOVE YOU!"

She rolled her eyes, blowing you a kiss as you resumed your position. Oh, having a girlfriend who could lip read was fun. (A/N: No idea if Macca knows how to lip read, but for the sake of the story she does 👍)

----------------

After your 2-0 victory, courtesy of yours and Mary's right feet, the team gathered in the locker room, loud ABBA music blaring through the speakers. Flopping down onto the bench, you turned onto your side tiredly and stretched.

"Hi babes," Macca greeted softly, sitting down beside you. "Crashed?"

You nodded slightly, looking up into her pretty blue eyes. "Mm' tired."

She chuckled, brushing your hair out of your face. "Cait put 6 packets of sugar in your coffee, I'm not surprised."

"Damn Caitlin," you huffed glaring at the Forward who stuck her tongue out at you. "You scare her?"

"Of course," your girlfriend stated, kissing you on the forehead. "You wanna take a nap? I'll carry you to the bus later."

"You're the best," you yawned. "Love you babes."

Mackenzie smiled, pulling your head onto her lap. "Love you too. Anything for my tiny terror."

----------
That actually took me way too long to write lmao, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. I love writing about Macca, so feel free to request her whenever 👍 thanks for reading!