I Will Always Protect You - Leah Williamson x Platonic! Reader

HIIII KAM HERE IT IS
-------------------

"Yes, mum," you sighed deeply. "I understand."

"You better score at least a hat trick tomorrow," she sneered. "Your father and I will be watching."

You slipped your phone back into your pocket as she hung up, plastering a fake smirk onto your face as you strutted the hallways of St. George's Park.

"Y/N!" Ella rounded the corner, a goofy grin on her face as she and Alessia ran towards you. "Come on, we're doing team bonding in the game room!"

You forced a smile onto your face. "Alright, alright. I'm comin'."

----------------

"Loz, you're such a cheater!" You groaned dramatically, throwing the controller haphazardly to the side. "Stop bringing that up! You're distracting me!"

The cityzen stuck out her tongue. "Don't be such a sore loser! It's not my fault your head isn't in the game."

"This is the last time I'm betting on you, Y/N," Mary huffed jokingly. "I've lost so many pounds."

Someone's alarm went odd, causing everyone to groan.

"Right, bedtime, children!" Leah declared, shooing everyone out of the room. "Y/N, up to bed! I'll be there in a minute!"

You rolled your eyes at your mentor. "Yes, Leah."

As you made the solo journey back to your room, your phone dinged with a text.

Don't fuck up tomorrow. It would be a shame if that England manager had to cut you from the squad because you're shit.

Your mood soured as you read over your father's message. He and your mother knew just how to mess with your head.

You slipped into your room, deciding to just hop into bed.

Bickering with your parents must have tuckered you out, because before you knew it, you were asleep.

------------------

"Y/N?" Leah knocked on the door. "Y/N?"

The captain frowned when she received no answer. "Kid?"

She knocked louder, growing increasingly more worried with every passing second. You always answered the door right away, much too excited to want to sleep.

"Lee? You alright?" Lucy questioned, stopping her walk to her own room at the look of concern on Leah's face. "Has something happened?"

"Y/N won't answer the door," Leah said, attempting to turn the knob with no luck. "I'm worried."

Lucy reached into her pocket, pulling out the spare key that you'd given her. "Go on, Skipper."

Leah breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Luce."

The gunner slipped into the room, raising her eyebrows in confusion as you snored away. You'd forgone changing, laying in bed with your day clothes on. What was the most concerning, Leah thought, was the fact that you were asleep. Usually, she'd have to talk with you for about an hour and let you tire yourself out.

But now, in the five minutes your role model had been away, you'd put yourself to sleep, locked the door and window, and closed the blinds.

Something was wrong, and the older lioness was fairly certain it had something to do with the hole in the wall. Or the phone laying in plaster below it.

The defender quietly picked it up, entering your password before almost dropping the device in shock.

Taking up the whole screen was your father's message, describing his disappointment clearly.