How Much Pain - Arsenal WFC x Reader

"Alright, Y/N?" Steph offered a small smile as you entered the noisy changing room, never one to forget her manners.

"Yeah," you smiled back forcefully. "You?"

"Good, ready for training?"

"Yeah."

You silently changed into your training kit, glancing at the dull gray door that your teammates filtered in and out off.

"Y/N?" Kim's hand was on your shoulder, snapping you back to reality as the last of your teammates exited the room. "Are ye' ready? We've got to head out."

"Of course," you dusted your hands off on your joggers, standing up. "Sorry about that."

The skipper fell into step with you as you began shuffling towards the pitch. "Jonas wants to see you after trainin', by the way."

"Okay. Thanks."

------------------

"Fuck." you hissed, staggering to your feet as Leah sprinted away with the ball after a rough tackle. Most of the girls liked to make things challenging for you, claiming that it was "to make you a better player".

The minority of players, specifically your fellow midfielders, disagreed with the forwards and defenders and believed that they pushed you too hard.

"Hey, mate, you alright?" Kyra held out her hand, hoisting you up with an unusual look of concern on her face. "Looked like a nasty fall."

"I'm fine, thanks," you mumbled, jogging back into position as Jonas watched on. "Let's get back to it."

Not even a minute later, you were back down on the ground again, this time clutching the shoulder that you'd awkwardly fallen on after a terrible mid-air collision with Amanda. "Fuckin' hell—"

"Oh, get up, you baby," Caitlin grumbled, giving you the stink-eye as she strutted past. "You didn't even get hit hard."

"Woah, Y/N," Vic was instantly by your side, waving over the medics out of caution. "You okay?"

You waved off the medics, standing up with little difficulty. "Fine, fine. Keep going."

Jonas shook his head from the sideline. He hadn't been sure at first, but now he was certain that this decision would be best for you.

---------------------

"You wanted to see me, Jonas?" Your tired half-smile did not go unnoticed by your manager.

"Yes. I wanted to discuss something with you," he sat up a little straighter, happy expression turning serious. "You're not happy here. I can tell. I can see it on your face, I can hear it in your voice, I can see it in the way you play. Arsenal isn't what's best for you, and that's okay. I've come to an agreement with Bayern, actually. They want to sign you on the next transfer window."

A real smile appeared on your face for the first time in a while. You'd always been close with Magda and Pernille, and having them leave the country had been hard for all three of you. Getting a chance to reunite with them would surely help your current internal crisis.

"I— I think I'd like that," your voice was barely above a whisper, shaking ever-so-slightly. "Thank you, Jonas."

He reached out to shake your hand kindly. "I always have my players' best interest in mind, Y/N. And I'm sorry that some of your teammates haven't been treating you the best."

"You knew?"

"Of course I knew. I had a talk with most of them, tried to get them to cut it back even if they didn't like you for whatever reason. It didn't really work, so I had Kim yell at them. That worked."