Cheater

You hadn't visited Draken while he was in hospital, but that didn't stop Mikey from bugging you to come. At some point Mikey even got your phone number and wouldn't stop spamming you. Finally after days of both Takemichi and Mikey bothering you, you decided to go.

"Hey Draken, good to see ya alive and all"

"You finally came, I thought I would've had to force you to come at this rate"

"nah nah, I was just taking my sweet time"

"Anyway" he stood up from his bed "I wanted to say thankyou for helping me that day" he bows.

"oh haha, thanks it was all Takemichi though" you blushed from his compliment.

"Yes but I saw you in the fight, you were protecting Takemichi, and if Takemichi had gotten screwed up I would probably be dead, so thankyou"

"It's all good, speaking of Takemichi, have you seen him?" you started chuckling to yourself "He's dressing like an old man who owns a hostess club" you two bursted out laughing

"Yeah I saw him alright, he's definitely soaking up the little fame that he got"

You two chatted for a while before Draken jokingly asked "Hey man you okay, cause it looks like you about to puke any second now"

"nah I'm fine, its just cause I don't like hospitals, they got bad vibes" you replied trying to joke but your uncomfortableness was showing through, "Imma head out now, tell Mikey I said hi"

You walked out of the hospital stopping to get a soda from the vending machine when Mikey walked out of the hospital.

"Why did you leave so early" he asks me

"Cause I don't like hospitals they make me feel sick"

"Why"

You glance up at him, not wanting to divulge your past, but something about him was so trusting, so you said "Because my grandpa died in this exact hospital, and I have bad memories from it, also it doesn't help that Draken almost died in the same one."

"Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have bugged you to come" he looks surprised to see you in a vulnerable state when he is used to you laughing everything off.

"Nah it's fine, it's good to see Draken alive and healthy" you shrug it off.

You changed the subject, "Hey I invited Takemichi to come over and hang out, you can come too if you want" you try to seem nonchalant but secretly inside you were hoping he would say yes

"Yeah sure, do you want me to bring anything?"

"I mean if you have any ps2 games you can bring them"

"Okay I'll see you later then" he said with a smile.

You could feel your face heating up a lot, and you couldn't help yourself but smile on your walk home.