●22

●・○・●・○・●

TW  sexual themes begin when ** is shown (NO REAL SMUT)

--

the group had tripped her.

''what the fuck is your problem?!'' gabriella yelled, looking at the group.

one of them shrugged. ''we didn't mean to.''

''fuck you.'' she said, turning to help her best friend to stand up. ''flo? are you okay?''  

florence stood up, her face burning all over as she smoothed down her outfit. she realised that all of her things had rolled out of her bag, and she began to pick up the things around her. gabriella helped her, handing her the things. 

''yeah.'' florence whispered.

''maybe you should be more careful when you're walking, florence.''

''flora?'' 

she looked up, relief flooding through her when she saw matt rushing towards her. there were a lot of people standing in the hall, but matt moved like there was nobody else except her. he was holding her perfume bottle, and he handed it to her once he reached her.

''are you okay?'' he asked.

''yeah, i just...i tripped.''

''tripped?!'' gabriella said outraged. ''somebody deliberately stuck their foot out!''

matt looked at the group angrily. ''maybe you should pick somebody else's girlfriend to pick on.'' 

''do you actually think we're scared of you?'' a boy laughed. ''we know all about you, matt.''

''what-''

''the boy who was too scared to come to school. you had bad anxiety, so you just never turned up.'' a girl mocked. ''that's why you're a dumb loser now and, somehow, you've managed to get florence to your level.''

he felt sick, knowing that people had finally figured out the reason for his absence, but he couldn't show that right now. he had to be strong for his girlfriend and defend her and-

florence suddenly stepped towards the group, looking them up and down before speaking calmly. ''if you keep talking about matt like that, i will kill you.'' 

she actually sounded so calm that it kinda scared the group of teenagers, and their laughter went quiet. she had been close to tears just a few seconds ago and now? she was looking at all of them, and they couldn't decide whether she was serious.

''you can't threaten us like that.'' a girl said in a small voice.

''i can and i will.'' she answered. ''if you guys don't like me, fine. do what you want to me, but you have to leave my boyfriend alone.''

''i always knew there was something weird about her.'' one of the boys muttered. ''she's fucking insane.''

''let's get out of here.'' another girl said, rolling her eyes before pushing florence out of the way. ''stay out of our way, freak.''

she felt her heart drop as they all shoved her away, walking down the hall and leaving her behind. tears were beginning to fill her eyes, and she took a shaky deep breath to try and distract herself.