●18

●・○・●・○・●

A WEEK LATER:

''i don't want to wear a tie.'' chris groaned, making matt and nick roll their eyes.

''do you really think we do?'' nick asked sarcastically. ''i'd much rather not.''

''i don't know.'' chris smirked childishly. ''i think matt looks pretty hot in his suit and tie.''

''weirdo.'' matt muttered, barely paying attention to his brother.

''i bet flo thinks the same.''

matt looked at him, narrowing his eyes. ''what?''

''flo probably thinks you look hot.''

''gabi probably thinks you look hot.'' he mimicked.

''probably.'' chris shrugged, not at all phased by his brother's words. ''at least i admit it.''

''why would i care if flora thinks i look hot?'' 

''because you're into her.''

''no, i'm not.''

''tell that to flora.'' nick grinned, putting emphasis on the nickname.

matt glared at him. ''you guys are crazy.''

''just be honest with us for a minute, matt!'' chris exclaimed. ''we're your brothers, and we're going to a pretty romantic place-''

''a wedding?'' nick asked, raising an eyebrow.

''exactly! that's, like, the most romantic place!''

''i wouldn't exactly call it a place-''

''yo!'' chris yelled, cutting nick off. ''can i fucking speak?!''

''what are you tryna say, chris?'' matt sighed.

''be honest with us.'' he urged. ''we won't say anything to anybody!''

matt hesitated. ''you guys will just hype me up and give me false hope.''

''so you do like her?''

''i...asked her to be my date.''

''yes, matt!'' nick grinned before it dropped slightly. ''she said yes, right?''

''yeah, she did.''

''so what are you worried about?!'' he asked. ''she's clearly into you!''

''see?'' matt sighed. ''false hope.''

''but it's not false.'' chris frowned. ''she actually does like you because otherwise she wouldn't agree.''

''maybe she just felt bad to say no.'' 

chris groaned. ''what the fuck are you talking about?''

''i did her a favour, let her move in, took her shopping...maybe she feels like she owes me!''

''flo wouldn't do that.'' nick replied. ''if she didn't like you, she would tell you that.'' 

''maybe.'' he muttered. ''anyway, today isn't about me and flo. it's about-''

''me and gabi.'' 

matt looked at his brother. ''what?''

''i'm gonna try make it official with gabi.'' chris said proudly. ''or at least exclusive.''

''i was gonna say today is about aunt taylor, but apparently you've decided to steal her day.'' he replied with a laugh. ''you're gonna ask at the wedding?''