●11

●・○・●・○・●

florence sat in her kitchen, her leg moving up and down nervously. she was wearing a pretty dress, her hair was in a pretty style and her make-up looked pretty. she even had pretty heels to go match her dress.

but she didn't feel pretty.

truthfully, florence never felt pretty. she had been so beaten down in terms of her mothers words that it didn't really matter what other people said. roxanne and gabriella told her she was pretty all of the time and she pretended to believe it, but she never did. 

and right now, she was wondering if she looked good enough for matt. she thought she probably didn't - he had been with multiple girls who were way hotter than her - but she had at least tried. 

even though the girl was obsessed with matt, she kinda hated him.

he never put effort into his appearance and yet he always looked hot. he only had to lift his arm behind his head or look at her in a certain way and she was weak at the knees. it didn't even matter that he didn't like her, she still wanted him.

she was still thinking about him when she noticed her dad walk into the room. she shot him a small smile and he approached her.

''you look beautiful, flo.'' he smiled, pulling a chair next to her.

''thank you.'' she said softly.

''what time is matt arriving?'' 

''six.'' 

''not long then.'' he replied. 

''daddy?'' she said aloud. ''did you like matt yesterday?''

''he's very...different to you, sweetie.'' he struggled.

''what do you mean?''

''he drives a motorcycle and he has tattoos...and you think i didn't notice the smell of cigarettes on him? i did.''

''oh.'' she said quietly. ''i know some people wouldn't like that but... i like those things.''

he nodded. ''that's okay. just do not smoke, sweetheart. your mom will go crazy.''

''i won't.'' she lied.

''good.'' 

the door suddenly knocked, both florence and her dad looking to it. he looked at her, sighing deeply before standing up.

''you get the door. i'll get your mom.''

she nodded, and the two parted ways. florence smoothed her hair down before pulling open the door, instantly smiling when she saw matt. 

''hey.'' 

matt felt his breath catch in his throat when she pulled open the door. she was wearing a dress tight to her body and her hair hung past her shoulders in curls. she was wearing make-up and he frowned slightly when he realised that. why was she wearing make-up? she didn't even need it.

''hey.'' he said softly. ''do i look better today?''

she looked him up and down, feeling her heart beat quicken. he was wearing a white t-shirt with a soft blue jacket and blue jeans, white trainers on his feet. his hair was styled, and he smelt strongly of cologne. he was wearing earrings and holding a bouquet of white lilies.

''you look great.'' she said honestly.

''you look beautiful, flora.'' 

she blushed. ''seriously?''

''yeah.'' he said, coming into the house. ''you're wearing make-up.''

''i know.''

''why?''