●16

●・○・●・○・●

''why have you suddenly started hanging out with the triplets?''

florence looked at her best friend. gabriella had a small smile on her face, looking at the girl as they both walked to class.

''it's kinda hard to explain.'' she replied. ''i asked matt to do me a favour, but things kinda went badly, so he's helping me.''

''what favour?'' gabriella asked. ''can i help in any way?''

''it had to be matt and...i can't say the favour.'' she said regretfully. ''i'm sorry-''

''it's fine!'' her friend said, cutting her off. ''just know i'm here for you if you need me, yeah?''

''i know, gab.'' florence smiled before stopping. ''i'm actually going to the mall with matt later...why don't you come?''

''matt sturniolo is taking you to the mall? i thought he was like...a scary badass.''

florence laughed. to the outside world, matt was a scary badass. he had long hair and tattoos and a motorcycle - all things that contributed to his bad boy stereotype. he barely showed up to class, had hardly any friends and smoked a lot. he was snappy with anyone who tried to talk to him, and he barely put any interest into anything.

but to his close friends, it was pretty obvious he was the opposite of that. he hadn't admitted anything to her, but she could tell that matt was snappy with people and barely went to school was because he had anxiety. it was evident from the way he acted around her. he also treated like her gold - protecting her, hugging her when she was sad, making sure she was comfortable...he wasn't at all scary.

''he is.'' she shrugged. ''but he's got a softer side, and that's the side taking me to the mall.''

''are you sure he'd be okay with me coming?''

''of course!''

''and...are you okay with me coming?''

florence frowned slightly. ''why wouldn't i be?''

gabriella shrugged. ''well, you always say you're not into matt but-''

''which is true.''

''-you act light, flo, but we both know you have darkness and it's attracted to matt.''

she hesitated for a moment before smiling lightly. ''don't call me out like that.''

her best friend laughed. ''don't worry - i won't tell anybody.''

''nothing will happen anyway. matt would never be interested in me...we're just too different.''

''don't say that, flo.'' gabriella said supportively. ''he could definietely be into you.''

she shook her head. ''no, matt's just so-''

''just so what?''

both of the girls turned, heat already trailing florence's face just by the sound of his voice. matt was standing behind them, a toothpick in his mouth and a smirk on his face.

''how much did you hear of that?'' she asked quietly.

''only the last part.'' he replied. ''maybe i shouldn't have interrupted you.''

''why are you chewing on a toothpick?''

''why are you talking about me?''

florence rolled her eyes. ''gabi's coming to the mall with us.''

matt looked at her. ''you want me to invite chris?''

she blushed slightly. ''you think he'll want to go?''