Behind The Truth

Hey guys, here's another update I hope you all like it, and thank you for staying with me till this chapter I appreciate all your comments and votes, and I'm willing to hear your opinion on this chapter as well, Probably the next chapter will be the last but I'm not sure yet maybe two more chapters😊🥰🖤

AUTHOR'S POV :

The sound of a ringing phone halts throughout the room breaking the silence and making the man draw from his sleep, Pete tossed around slightly toward the source of the noise opening his eyes slightly and trying to adjust them to the light. "Go back to sleep it's mine," Vegas said in a deep sleepy voice while adjusting his posture and leaning toward the cupboard to grab his ringing phone wondering who'd be calling him early in the morning and daring to disrupt his rest.

Pete nodded and lay back but he was curious and worried at the same time about who'd be calling Vegas now so he couldn't deny himself from listening in to the conversation, But Vegas didn't talk much only humming in response then in a formal way he said he's coming then hung up the phone as Pete was lying on his side in the opposite direction.

"Who was that?" Pete asked turning around slightly as he heard Vegas sigh in frustration which made Pete more curious to know what made him upset.

"Nothing...Go back to sleep, It's a work call" Vegas said irritation evident in his voice as he left the bed walked toward his wardrobe, snatched a towel then walked inside the bathroom slamming the door behind him and almost breaking it, Pete felt a weird sensation creeping through his chest he can't bear seeing Vegas in a bad mood it made him feel uncomfortable and worried about Vegas, wondering what made him in a bad mood and yesterday Pete felt the same as Vegas wasn't himself, The real Vegas would give him a proper warm welcome and kiss him until he's out of breath not to mention will make love to him until he could no longer walk but it didn't happen but he was excited and happy about their trip the one Vegas told him about.

Pete couldn't go back to sleep after as his mind was keeping him awake he was thinking about whether was it a work call that got him all of sudden worked up and tense or if was it something he didn't know.

He decided to wait for Vegas to finish showering and he tried to ask him about what happened he wanted to be assured that it was all okay and nothing serious going on.

Vegas walked out of the room and started to dress up while Pete was eying him from bed in a sitting position and it seemed like Vegas was spacing out as he didn't even give a single glance toward Pete, Pete thought that maybe he should check on him and ask him what's wrong.

He rose from the bed and walked toward Vegas as he had just finished dressing up, He hugged him from behind as Vegas spoke softly once Pete's body made contact with his, "Why are you up till now?" Vegas asked bluntly.

"Couldn't sleep...Is there anything wrong darling?" Pete tried to initiate a conversation with Vegas to make sure he was fine but all of a sudden Vegas removed his hands drawing a distance between them as he turned around, "It's nothing to worry about, I have to go now I'm late" Vegas said turning his back and grabbed his things and walked out of the room without even paying Pete goodbye, Pete doesn't mind it though he thinks he might be extremely late so he forgot to kiss him before going out of the room but Pete was still worried about Vegas because something feels off and Vegas seems stressed out.

Pete went back to bed trying to get some sleep, His mind was occupied with many things as well, But he tried to think of positive things because he thought that he might be exaggerating about Vegas state and he might be just stressed out cause of work, He remembered the trip Vegas mentioned and he thought it might be a good distraction for Vegas maybe it could lift his mood.