PART 2 babysitter's club

guys it's here

--

BABYSITTER'S CLUB

finney blake

--

It was here. You were here. All the girls were here. Finney was here, too. Everything was going smoothly - Amy and Lisa even managed to find two girls that could also help out -not that you really needed it- and you were all confident the school admins would say yes. You had no reason to believe they wouldn't. So why were you so nervous? Why were your hands so shaky and why did you find yourself glancing at Finney more than the other members?

You, of course, made it quite obvious as well, even though Donna had reminded you many times the night before and even earlier that day when she came over to touch up some of your makeup and help you put on a good outfit that you had nothing to be nervous about. You weren't exactly used to the summer heat, so finding cute outfits was hard. Luckily, your friend was a fashion guru ... if only you could say the same for Bruce. Speaking of Bruce, he was currently at an important baseball game that you all had to miss, which you felt bad about, even if he said he didn't care. You knew Bruce really didn't, and it would save him from the embarrassment of you and his sister screaming the whole time, but the guilt was just something you'd have to deal with it. He was especially okay with it when you promised to invite him to the after party after the first Unofficial Official Babysiiter's Club Meeting. He, of course, didn't really want to see anyone there except you and Finney, but you were all celebrating by getting ice cream at the Grab-N-Go, and you were paying. 

After the meeting had ended, you all decided you wanted to go to the baseball game since the meeting had ended earlier than you excepted. Though it was a Sunday (a school night) and it was already 4:30, the parents of the town -mostly- collectively decided that their kids would be fine. To be fair, it was already summer and there were only a few weeks of school left, so it's not like there would be anything you kids were missing out on. But that brought on a problem none of you had realized until you were sitting on the surprisingly cold bleachers at the baseball game: the school flyer was for next year, and it was just for early applying.

"I'm such an idiot! I knew this wouldn't work out, nothing ever does," you groaned, covering your head with your palms and leaning forward so your elbows were touching your thighs. Finney placed a comforting hand on your shoulder, and you could tell all the girls were trying -and awfully failing- at holding in their laughter. You looked a mess, but what else did they expect? You to be happy about this?

Amy sighed softly after she realized you weren't going to immediately get over this. "Come on, Y/n, don't you realize we can still make a summer club? Now we just have to get one of our parents to run it and then we can all make money instead of just giving it to the school. And we can still apply early for the club, and then by next school year, a bunch more people might be interested in doing it! I think it's better to do it without the school monitoring it, because they probably wouldn't let us keep any of the money." she explained, probably using too many terms for everyone else, but it was just enough for you to pick your head up and smile while Finney fixed your now frizzy hair.

"I think you're a genius, Am's," you exclaimed gleefully, pulling her in for a somewhat aggressive side-hug that she quickly pulled away from. You knew she didn't ever do physical touch, but you were just a bit too caught up in the moment to care all that much.

After a bit, the game was close to ending and Bruce's team was close to winning - they just needed one home-run and they'd score the win. Fortunately, he won with ease, carrying the team to victory. You all clapped and cheered, though Finney didn't seem as happy as the rest of you. You thought they were decently good friends, though? You shrugged off the curious feeling, deciding it would be better to ask later.