you drew stars around my scars; bruce y.

NOTES

NOTES.
hiii happy holidays everyone. sorry i haven't updated in a while i got evicted. hope you all enjoy the storyyyy

(UPDATE: THSI IS A JOKE SRRY LFMAOO I'M USED TO AO3 SO YK LOLLLL)

------

I looked into Bruce's eyes. His hands were interlocked with mine and he seemed oddly calm. How did I get here? I couldn't be sure, but I knew for sure where it all started.

•••

You were a new student in North Denver High, coming from a small town where everyone knew everyone. You were disappointed to find the new town was exactly the same as the last one, but you couldn't say you were surprised.

You roamed the almost empty halls, only a few troubled students who were probably skipping left. The bell had rung about a minute ago, and though you weren't usually a late student, you had no clue where your class was.

After what felt like hours of searching, you finally caught the eyes of a boy sifting through his locker. From what you could see he seemed kind enough, so you awkwardly went up to him.

You cleared your throat and he turned to meet your eyes. He had dark hair and even darker eyes that seemed to sparkle as he greeted you with welcoming eyes and a bright smile. It was probably just the light, but it felt special and you enjoyed the moment.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, can you help me find my class?" you asked hesitantly, gripping the white slip of paper your schedule was printed on.

His eyes flickered down to the slip, and he took it from you easily. He skimmed through it, eyeing your first period class on the schedule and thinking for a bit.

The boy handed your schedule back and asked if you were a new student. You nodded, "Yeah, I just moved here from Cali."

He nodded in response. "Your class is far from here, so we should hurry. Got no idea how you ended up in the senior's hallway," he said, starting to walk in the direction towards your first period.

As you walked, you asked if he was a senior. He quickly shook his head, scoffing before saying, "The school decided it was a good idea to put my locker, when I'm a sophomore, in the senior hallway."

"That's dumb," you said. "Why would they do that?"

Bruce looked down at your schedule for a moment before his dark eyes flickered back up at you. "Dunno, something about locker infestations."

"Oh, we didn't have lockers at my old school."

"What?" he said, turning to you with furrowed eyebrows.

You chuckled softly, "Yeah, that school was wild. We had 'cubbies' in our homerooms."

Bruce scoffed, "We had those in elementary. Your school must've been real poor, huh?"

You nodded, "Yeah, our teachers were terrible. We never really learned anything."

Bruce hummed. "That why you're in all honors classes?"

You shrugged, and the conservation ended. You spent the next minute walking to your classroom that was actually right next to your locker. Bruce told you he had everything except fourth and first period with you, and also added that he was looking forward to calculus for once because you were in it.

That was where everything between the two of you started. You were the new girl and he was the popular nice guy. A typical love story.

But that wasn't it. That wasn't when realization hit you.

Time went on and next thing you knew you were in your senior year. The two of you were drowning in work and barely spoke to the other. But as difficult as it was, after countless arguments and the two of you almost breaking up at one point, you finished highschool together.

Maybe that was when you knew. He had known for years, since you first started dating. You -on the other hand- took much longer to realize.

And then it happened.

The two of you got home from dinner and went back to your tiny apartment room. You dropped your bags on the floor, falling onto the bed with a tired groan.

Bruce chuckled softly, placing your bags on the couch before joining you. The two of you were still all dressed up, but you two didn't care.

"Wanna watch something?" asked Bruce, and you groaned in reply. "Sounds interesting."

You turned on your side so you could look at Bruce. You both smiled -almost in sync- and you moved closer to Bruce to cuddle with him. Your hands interlocked and he played a quiet romance movie.

And that was when you knew. You were in love with him.