𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔; fb

finney is soo taylor coded u can't tell me otherwise (gwen is too!!)

•••

it was officially summer in a small town in colorado, where y/n and her friend marlee sat in their last period. the two couldn't shut up about summer for the last two months, constantly adding onto their plan of what they were going to do. well now it was finally summer, and y/n couldn't help but feel a weird feeling of sorrow. y/n and marlee were neighbors, living in the same neighborhood as many of their friends, including gwen, amy, stacy, jenna and more. their girl friends were also lucky to live near their boyfriends, such as vance, billy and hunter. one of the only single boys on the block was finney blake, y/n's best friend's older brother. finney also just so happened to be close friends with y/n's older brother, vance. this made it easy for the two to talk, but also made it hard for y/n to get rid of her crush on the older boy. see, finney was a senior and y/n was a junior. how could he ever like her back? and plus there were already rumors of him and a pretty girl named donna dating, who y/n knew -- and y/n didn't even bother trying to fight for him. she knew he liked her, but still couldn't help the longing she felt after he left her home, and how she would sigh and wouldn't feel truly happy until she saw him again.

RING!!

y/n's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the screeching bell, signifying school was officially over for the year. y/n sighed, a wave of despair suddenly hitting her like a brick. marlee was silently beside her as they walked out of the classroom and into the hallway, the brunette giving y/n a weird look.

"what's up, y/n? you look so depressed," marlee frowned, clutching her books as the two made their way to their lockers.

"just pineapple," y/n managed to give marlee a lop-sided smile.

pineapple was the name y/n and marlee had made up when thinking of what to call finney as a code name. this made it so y/n could talk about her crush whenever she wanted, as loud as she could without anyone knowing who pineapple was. this also caused some confusion, especially with gwen, but y/n knew if her best friend knew about her crush on finney -gwen's brother- she would flip.

marlee rolled her eyes. "ugh, not him again. you know he doesn't want you, right?" she said, sighing and slamming her locker shut.

"that's not the point, and you don't even know if he likes donna!"

"even if he didn't, he wouldn't like you! you're a junior and he's a senior - that's a whole grade difference," marlee said, obviously annoyed. "just accept that he doesn't want you."

"i don't care, marlee. he's so pretty and nice, he's perfect!"

marlee rolled her eyes, changing the subject to what they were going to do today.  marlee went on and on about how much money she had from doing many chores, the two finally stepping out of the school and reaching the school trash cans before y/n stopped them, reaching a car with her brother and his friends inside.

"sorry, marls, i have to go with my brother," y/n said, pretending to be sad knowing she was about to have the night of her life.

"what the heck, y/n?"

"my mom is making my brother take me with him!"

"ugh, whatevs," said marlee before storming off, deciding to walk with stacy and tommy.

y/n watched as marlee stormed off, turning to the silver camero in front of her, a smirk growing. the passenger window flew down, revealing robin smirking and her curly-haired brother behind him, looking as tuff as ever.