just like heaven; bruce y.

BRUCE YAMADA X READER

the time had reached midnight when bruce yamada had appeared on your front door, knocking loudly for about a minute until a loud groan left your lips. after a long time spent studying, you had finally almost fell asleep, when, of course, bruce had to screw it all up.

bruce yamada was your hyperactive popular boyfriend who couldn't be alone for two seconds without lighting something on fire.

"what, bruce?" you sighed loudly.

he leaped into your arms, giving you a warm hug you quickly melted into. "it's so late," you groaned.

"were you up studying again?" he asked, pulling away from you to look into your eyes, his hands on your waist.

you nodded, humming which he frowned at. "you are very odd, y'know," he said, letting you go to enter your deserted home.

bruce wandered into the kitchen, you close behind. "where's your parents?"

you shrugged, "somewhere in cabo, probably. or paris. who knows."

"you wanna come to julia's?" he asked, grabbing one of your cookies. you stood beside him, both of you leaning on the kitchen counter.

"isn't she hosting a party?" you asked, bruce nodding. "ugh, bruce, i'm way too tired for that."

"oh, come on, babe. it'll help you calm your nerves."

"there's other ways to do that." you said. "like sleeping."

but despite your protests, you found yourself inside the mansion with bruce's arm around your waist. you couldn't deny that you were attractive, so bruce was normally very touchy with you in public. sure, he was touchy when it was just you two, but he was oddly protective when others were around, especially men. there were many men at this party, making you a bit uncomfortable, but you ignored it, knowing bruce had been looking forward to this party for ages.

you spotted finney blake, one of your friends from middle school. you had recently drifted apart from him, due to him randomly gaining a ton of popularity after getting with one of the most popular girls in school: donna. donna didn't seem like the type to get a boyfriend, or really date guys at all, but you didn't say anything to them since their relationship blossomed. donna wasn't beside finney, so you took the opportunity to tell bruce you were going to say hi to him.

"alright, i'll go get us some drinks," said bruce.

you disappeared into the crowd, maneuvering past familiar faces from school to finally reach your old friend.

"hey, finney!" you greeted the boy. he looked down at you, and, wow, had he grown.

"oh, hey y/n! it's been so long, it's great to see you," finney wrapped his arms around you, and as you hugged him, you saw a male with long, curly brown hair tied into a ponytail.

once finney let you go, you turned to the male, smiling. "robin, it's been a while."

"i saw you yesterday, shorty," he said with a smirk. you rolled your eyes, hugging robin and starting to catch up with finney.

finney hadn't changed too much. his hair was a bit longer and curlier, but the only main difference was his height. he had probably grown a foot, causing you to have to look up at him to make eye contact with him.

soon bruce found you, and you could tell he was jealous by the way he wrapped you into a hug, your lips meeting into a long kiss that you eventually pulled away from.

"damn, get a room," said arellano with a look of pure disgust.

bruce then realized neither had no interest of being romantically involved with you, so his grip around your waist softened a bit. the rest of the party was like that- bruce's free hand hooked around you while his other hand held a red plastic cup. you held the same cup, both of you becoming a bit tipsy from the drink. thankfully, once the two of you decided to head home, finney's little sister who had just received her driver's license offered to take the two of you back to our place.

"i knew i shouldn't have gone," you whispered to your boyfriend, a migraine forming.

"you had fun, right?"

you hummed, not wanting to admit that you actually did have fun with your boyfriend. "only because you were there," you mumbled after a long while of silence.

you soon fell asleep, only to wake up to the smell of pancakes. your senses welcomed the smell, waking you with a soft smile. your hangover headache was apparent, but the smell of food cooking and the sight of your boyfriend in an apron managed to take away the pain.

"morning, babe," he greeted you, placing a soft kiss to your forehead. you hummed, repeating his first word and taking a seat at the round table so you weren't too far from bruce.

the two of you ate breakfast, spending the rest of your day together until your parents arrived. it was late by the time they got back, hearing the door open while the two of you were in your bedroom, bruce on top of you planting kisses on your neck.

"oh, shit, my parents!" you whisper-yelled to bruce, sitting up.

bruce groaned softly, rolling his eyes before kissing you goodbye.

"i'll see you later!" you yelled out your window to him as he slowly left your vision.

he turned momentarily to yell, "not if i see you first!"

and with that, he disappeared into the foggy night.