sucker; vance h.

may 13th, 1983

you slammed your locker shut, reaching into your pocket to grab a blue, raspberry flavored lollypop. last one, you thought, sighing lightly before your eyes widened slightly at familiar brown shoes walking towards you. you raised your head slightly with a smirk, watching as vance hopper leaned his arm onto the locker next to yours, placing a hand on his jutted out hip.

"well if it ain't vance hopper," you said, placing the lollypop into your mouth with a smirk.

"the one and only," said the blond male, his smirk widening and eyebrows lifting.

you narrowed my eyes slightly, "what do you want from me, pinball vance?" you asked, furrowing your eyebrows. "don't you have some whores to bang or something?" your crossed my arms, books and trapper-keeper pressed against your chest. you glanced at a few girls passing by, shooting them quick glares while they whispered to each other, glancing at vance every few moments.

"someone's jealous."

"fuck off, trashmouth," you scoffed before turning, sprinting off into the hallway leading to your classroom.

"but you don't really want me to leave," he said, smirking once he caught up to you.

"i don't?" you said. "because it actually seems like you don't want me to leave."

he raised a furry eyebrow at your words, which your rolled my eyes at. "your class is at the other half of the school, why the hell are you following me around?" you changed the subject.

"since when do i go to trig?" he scoffed, like you were insane for asking why he wasn't in class.

"well, vance, it is your senior year."

"what are you implying?"

you furrowed my eyebrows at him, slightly surprised that he knew what implying meant. "uh, well... i just think you should start going to your classes," you said, sighing lightly when you saw his sudden angered expression. "you've been held back twice, vance. you're twenty for pete's sake! i just- i want you to pass, or whatever."

you turned away from vance, feeling a slight blush creep onto my cheeks. you tightened your grip on your books, your eyebrows lowering, knowing exactly what vance was going to say next. "are you, y/n, president of the drama club and vice president of the newspaper club, worried about me? me, as in, vance hopper? the hottest guy this shit hole excuse of a school has to offer?" he exclaimed.

"fuck off, vance. your ego is way too high," you muttered, glaring daggers at him before sprinting away.

"oh come on!" you heard his faint yell, and flipped him off before disappearing into another hallway.

the final bell had rung mere seconds ago, though the hallways were already empty, as if the school were a ghost town. you sighed lightly, strolling around the hallways, backpack in hand. you hummed the tune of oh to be in love by kate bush while your gaze flickered around the empty hallways.

you felt a hand grip your shoulder harshly, a loud gasp escaping from your lips as your eyes went round. your head snapped to the hand, your eyes relaxing when you saw a familiar blond asshole. "vance! what the fuck is wrong with you?!" you yelled a little too loudly, a classroom door opening, revealing an aggravated teacher.

the woman sighed, shutting her eyes tightly in frustration before slamming her door shut. vance burst into laughter, cackling like a witch while you huffed, glaring at him. you sped down the hallway, vance close behind.

"alright, who pissed in your cheerios this time?" vance smirked at you, hooking his arm around your shoulder.

you shot him a glare. "don't you have twenty girlfriends to tend to? like seriously, you need bitches," you shoved him away from you.