𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍; 𝐯𝐡

hope u enjoy the story xx

•••

it was a hot summer day, unusual for denver, colorado. you were sprawled out on your porch chair, forehead damp from sweat as you downed a glass of ice water. you would normally be enjoying the cool AC inside, but it recently broke, leaving you with no escape from the scorching hot weather. and as if matters couldn't get any worse, your neighbor -vance hopper- was walking by; hoping to see you.

"well if it ain't y/n l/n. what are you doing outside in this kind of weather?" said a voice to your left, causing you to spit out your water. you covered your face, taking a moment to calm down.

"what the hell, vance?! i told you not to sneak up on me like that!" you sighed, wiping your now soaked shirt.

vance walked up onto your porch, not needing permission since he was over at your house pretty much every day. "sorry, sweetheart," he said, grinning at you before entering your home only to come back out just a few moments later.

you couldn't help but chuckle at his surprised face, eyebrows pinched together. "the fuck is it so hot in there? your AC break or something?"

"vance, don't curse!" you said, grabbing your glass and bringing it in to get a refill, vance following close behind.

"you're one to talk," he muttered, purposefully loud enough for you to hear. you turned around, giving him a death stare.

"go away, vance. don't you have, like, thirty girlfriends?" you said, rolling your eyes and filling your glass up.

vance hopped up on your counter top, you joining beside him. you were so close to him that your legs were touching, but neither of you moved.

"you know i don't fuck with these girls."

"you're kidding! since when?"

"since all the cool girls left. the only ones left are the preppy rich girls."

"you know that's not true vance! none of my friends are like that," you crossed your arms, ready to defend your girls at all cost.

vance shrugged, changing the subject. "you seen the new movie?" he asked, causing you to give him a confused look. "uh, well, it's called falling in love again."

you felt a smile growing, a small one tugging your lips up - but you felt much more excited than you had shown. "no, but i wanted to. why do you ask?"

vance chuckled softly, failing to hide his anxiousness. "well, i was thinking that you and i could go see it," he said, looking down at his hands.

your smile widened; you didn't bother trying to hide it. you had liked vance for, like, ever! you had been friends since you were kids and everyone already suspected that the two of you were dating. despite the two of you denying any suspicions of anything more than a friendship, the two of you could still be seen smiling when people asked if you were dating. so you weren't exactly surprised when he asked you out, but you certainly were thrilled.

"what happened to all the cool girls leaving and you not fucking with anyone in this town?" you asked, staring into vance's mesmerizing eyes, and he finally returned the look.