Chapter 9

It was officially a week before the winter dance. It was a Monday. The entire friend group already had their dresses and dates. As the day at school progressed and they hadn't seen or heard Talia, they started to become suspicious, but they forgot about it by lunch. Tim and Lucy had a class together before lunch. They held hands as they walked into the lunchroom to go to their regular table. The friend group soon arrived. Aaron asked to speak to Celina outside. They step outside.

Celina- "Is everything okay?"

Aaron- "Of course. Do you want to grab a bite after school?"

Celina- "I do." she said smiling.

They end up back inside with their friends.

After lunch everyone went back to their classes. Talia had a plan to lure Lucy into a hidden area, where teachers and students wouldn't go. There was a boy that Talia was friend with there.

Lucy- "Did you get the same letter I did?"

Max- "Yeah I did"

Lucy- "I'm gonna go back to class"

Max pulled Lucy wrist and turned her around.

Lucy- "Let go of me."

Max- "No, just kiss me."

Lucy- "No. I have a boyfriend."

Max- "I don't care." he said as he leaned in towards her lips, but Lucy dodged while trying to get out of his grip.

Lucy- "I said let me go."

Max- "I don't care what you said" he said as he leaned in again, but this time he was met with a slap in the face.

Max- "You bitch" he said as he punched her in the face.

After getting punched she fell to the ground before getting kicked in the stomach. Eventually she was lying there in agony as he ran away. As she tried to get up she went unconscious.

As the day went on, Lucy had skipped 3 classes and there were only 2 left. Angela's mom gets a call saying. that she didn't show up to 3 classes. Angela gets a text.

••Momma••

Mary- Are you with Lucy?

Angela- No. Why?

Mary- I received a call from the school. She's skipping classes.  I texted her and she didn't answer.

Angela- After this class, I'll go and look for her.

Mary- Okay.

••Text Ended••

Before the bell rang, Tim got an anonymous message of Lucy kissing Max. Lucy didn't know that Max was Tim's ex-best friend, but Tim didn't know that Lucy was being forced and couldn't move.

Angela looked for Lucy for the next 2 hours until the bell rang to go home. Normally Tim waits around for Lucy, but today he was furious and went home without saying anything to his friends.

Angela was the only one still in the empty school. She was determined to find Lucy. She opened the last door that she thought her friend could be behind. To say she was shocked would be an understatement. Lucy had a bruise on the side of her face and she was unconscious. She barely even had a pulse. Angela called 911. They arrived and took her to the hospital. Angela called her mom to tell her what was happening. Mary met the kids at the hospital and walked into the waiting room to see her daughter crying.

Mary- "How's Lucy?" she said worryingly

Angela- "I don't know. They took her to surgery" she said in between her sobs and heavy breathing.