Chapter 7

It was approaching the beginning of the new school year. Talia hadn't been a problem last year as soon as she was warned that they would hold her back a year. This year Lucy thought everything was going to be different. Will everything be okay? Will her world come crashing down again? Will she start lying?

There was one week left before school started up again. The group had been hanging out together all summer. On that bright Monday morning, Lucy woke up to someone knocking on the door. Lucy froze when she saw her parents. They hadn't been around for a while and when they were, it was bad. Lucy would be beaten by her parents all the time before her brother threatened them to leave. Now that he had been gone for almost a year, they had returned.

Vanessa- "Hello Lucia"

Patrick- "We're back"

Lucy- "Uh-uhm-I-I have to-I have to go."

Before Lucy could run off her dad stopped her and pushed her inside. He told her that they are her parents and she will listen to them. "You haven't even been around for over a year and now you want me to listen to you? "Oh Lucia. You don't understand. You will be in a lot of trouble if you don't." "I don't care anymore" and as soon as she said that, her dad brought his hand up and knocked her to the ground again, followed by kicking her in the stomach. Soon enough Nyla and Angela showed up at the door knocking. Vanessa opened it.

Vanessa- "Who are you?"

Angela- Um Angela and this is Nyla. We are supposed to be hanging out with Lucy today. Who are you?"

Vanessa- "Her mother. I'll go and get her and be right back."

Vanessa shut the door and went over to Lucy. "Some kids named Angela and Nyla are here. You better cover up in pants and a hoodie. If anyone finds out about what happened, you'll regret everything you've ever done." "I get it okay. I'm going now" Lucy got ready and went outside to her friends. They started walking to the park.  They could tell something was wrong with Lucy.

Nyla- "Hey Lucy"

Lucy- "mhm" she said refusing to make eye contact.

Nyla- "What's wrong? I know you're not okay."

Lucy- "I don't- I can't talk about it"

Angela- "Well if you don't want to then talk to us when you are ready, but if you can't talk about it, just know that we will help you with whatever it is."

Lucy- "Thanks guys, but it's fine"

Lucy hated lying to her friends, but she never had anything really going on besides her brother dying. That's probably the only time she has ever cried in front of them. Lucy doesn't like to cry in front of other people, so when she does they know it's something serious.

Lucy- "We should stay at yours tonight, Angela"

Angela- "That sounds like fun, Nyla, you in?"

Nyla- "Of course."

Angela- "Let's get something to eat."

As soon as Angela mentioned food, it brought back the memories of Lucy's parents telling her that she needed to eat less and lose weight even though she was already skinny. What she said to Talia about loving her body was true, ever since her parents had left. She had problems before with her parents abusing her, physically and emotionally. Memories flooded her mind from Talia and her parents. "Fatty" "You need to lose weight"

Lucy- "I'm not really hungry. I ate not too long ago"

As the hours which turned into days went by, Lucy hadn't eaten for 3 days. It was rough the first 24 hours, but once her initial hunger subsided she felt it wouldn't be that hard. She hadn't even had a drink in 2 days. She was starting to feel weak and dizzy.

As the next 4 days that went on she was beaten, refused to eat or drink anything, and started to distance from her friends. She still kept in contact with them to make them believe she was fine,  but she answered less and made more excuses. When Angela asked if she wanted a ride to school tomorrow, Lucy declined the offer. She wasn't excited about the first day of school the next day. Her body was sore from the bruises, and her muscles were weak from not eating or putting fluids into her system.

Although she shared every class with majority of her friend group, she went straight to back of the class and sat down without saying hi to anyone. Angela and her boyfriend, Tim, were starting to worry about her as she hasn't been acting like herself. When Lucy didn't sit down at lunch with them and went straight outside is when they decided to follow her and see what's wrong.

Angela- "Lucy. What's wrong? You've been acting different and distancing yourself from all of us."

Lucy- "Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

Tim- "That's not true Lucy."

Lucy- "Are you calling me a liar?"

Tim- "Of course not baby."

Lucy- "Can you guys just leave me alone."

Angela- "Lucy"

Lucy- "I said leave me alone!" she said in a slightly louder tone.

Angela- "No. We are gonna sit down across from you in silence. If you don't want to talk, we will just sit."

Angela and Tim took a seat across from Lucy. Lucy put her head down into her arms and started tearing up. When Tim got up and sat next to Lucy, he put his arm around her. At that point she couldn't hold it in anymore. Her body hurt when someone touched her and she was feeling weak and tired. She started crying. Tears streaming down her face as if they were never going to stop. Her body tensed up when Tim touched her. Not because she didn't want it but because there were bruises up and down her body.

When the bell rang, Lucy got up and thanked them before walking away. She remained silent the rest of the day. She got home from school 5 minutes later than her parents had liked her to, and she got punished for it. This time they didn't care. Her dad brought his fist up and brought it to her face at full force to the point of her going unconscious. She had 3 missed calls from Angela, 5 from Tim, 2 from Celina, 3 from Nyla, and 2 from the rest of the friend group. Along with probably 4 dozen unread texts. She finally came back into consciousness and heard her phone ring. It was a face time call from the group-chat. She knew they would see the bruise, so she answered and showed the ceiling, while she went to cover it up. She pretended everything was fine and eventually she told them that she wanted to go to sleep.

Sorry it took all day to get this chapter out. Vote and comment!