Chapter 916 Battle at the Selnes Country: Death of Schine

Edmar looked down at his father's battered form, then shifted his gaze to the barrier enveloping the Windi Clan's household.

"This time... There will be no more barrier," Edmar muttered as he landed beside his father, who lay in a pitiful state.

Schine summoned the last of his strength to open his eyes. He fixed his gaze on his son and uttered with great effort, "Our god didn't imprison us... It was an oath we made for our survival..."

Edmar's mind swirled with confusion at his father's cryptic words. The revelation that their god hadn't imprisoned them, but rather, they had bound themselves by an oath for survival, left him with more questions than answers. Desperate for clarity, he leaned closer to Schine, hoping to uncover the truth, even as his father's life rapidly ebbed away.

"What do you mean, Father? What oath are you referring to?" Edmar asked urgently, his heart pounding as Schine's life slipped away.

Despite the excruciating pain coursing through his body and blood spewing from his seven orifices, Schine summoned his last ounce of strength to speak.

"Our god... save us from the... impending doom... discovered the t-truth... a... byss... curse... the... I-Imperium... is silent... after the... calamity..."

With great effort, Schine managed to speak these cryptic words before drawing his final breath. As black blood slowly enveloped his lifeless body, Edmar watched the bewildering scene unfold with a furrowed brow. What had just occurred? He hadn't taken any action, yet his father had inexplicably met his end. Moreover, an eerie and foreboding aura hung in the atmosphere, causing Edmar to shiver slightly.

Just what had transpired with the Isolated Formation God? Edmar couldn't help but ponder, realizing that the information he possessed remained incomplete, and even the intelligence provided by the Deadly Sins had yet to unravel the enigma surrounding the Isolated Formation God.

Bang!

As the barrier cracked and the shockwave echoed through the area, a shadow descended upon the ground behind Edmar. Slowly turning his head, he cast his gaze upon the silhouette shrouded in the dissipating smoke.

"This energy signature..." Edmar's eyes narrowed in recognition.

A figure emerged from the clearing smoke, revealing his distinct appearance. The young man had striking white hair that gradually transitioned into a deep blue at the tips. Clad in gleaming silver armor, his cold and penetrating black eyes remained fixed upon Edmar.

"Hoei Methal..." Edmar whispered the name of the young man.

Before him stood Hoei Methal, the Patriarch of the Methal Clan.

Hoei glanced at the lifeless body beside Edmar and uttered, "It seems I arrived too late. Breaking through the barrier took me longer than anticipated. Edmar, you've embarked upon an irreversible path. You've slain your own father."

"Let's not rush to conclusions, shall we? While I did engage my father in combat, I never intended to end his life. His death occurred as he attempted to convey something to me," Edmar retorted, his tone frigid. "Given your position as a Clan Leader, perhaps you possess knowledge about what he was trying to convey."

Hoei narrowed his eyes upon hearing Edmar's words. "What are you insinuating?"

Fury surged within Edmar, his voice growing more vehement. "Do not feign ignorance! My father was divulging secrets about the Selnes Country when he perished suddenly. You must be aware of the enigma surrounding the Isolated Formation God, correct?"

"Our god? Knowing its secrets? Spare me your jests, Edmar! You've allied yourself with our enemies. Even if I were privy to the secrets, do you honestly believe I would share them with you?" Hoei's countenance remained icy, his aura intensifying. He raised his hand and clenched it into a fist. "Come forth, you traitor. I shall impart upon you a lesson you won't soon forget."