Louis' POV: Chapter 17

Louis glances at his watch. 10:05 am.

He's probably on his way. His lecture probably just ran late. He's definitely on his way. Louis thinks to himself, but those thoughts don't stop him from getting out of the car and heading into the building.

He wanders the halls of the lecture hall. Harry had told him the name of his professor, and Louis eventually walks past the room with that professor's name.

Then, Louis hears voices down the hall. A voice he recognizes.

Fucking Nick. Louis starts down the hall, and rounds the corner to Harry cornered against the wall by Nick. Nick is kissing his Harry.

Nick is slightly taller than Harry, and Harry looked scared. Louis can see Harry struggling, and his anger burns bright inside him. Nick has the upper hand and Harry is trapped.

Louis stormed up behind him. His hand wrapped around the collar of Nick's shirt and pulled him away, shoving him back against the wall across the hall.

Louis was significantly shorter than Nick, but that didn't matter. Nick recognized him from last night, and instantly looked terrified.

"Good, you remember me." Louis says, staring at the boy. "I told you to keep your fucking hands off my boyfriend, remember that?"

Nick nods quickly and Louis laughs. "Then why the fuck didn't you listen?" Louis asks but Nick doesn't answer.

Louis drops his hands from Nick's throat and steps away. "Get the fuck out of here. If I ever see you near Harry again, I'll kill you."' Louis says and turns back around.

He starts to walk away, back towards Harry when he hears Nick behind him murmur "I'd like to see you try, you dick." Louis stills.

"You wanna run that by me again?" He growls and turns back around. Nick steps up to Louis, towering over him, full of completely foolish  and unearned confidence.

"I said, I'd like to see you try, you dick." He says, and Louis takes a deep breath attempting to control his anger and failing spectacularly.

His fist collides with Nick's gut and Nick doubles over as Louis grabs the back of his neck and drives his knee up into his nose. Nick yelps at the pain and falls backward against the wall, sliding all the way to the floor.

Louis pulls the gun out of the holster on the inside of his jacket and cocks it, pushing it up against Nick's head as he leans in towards his face.

"You're very lucky that I'm deciding to be nice today. You assaulted my boyfriend, and you should be thankful you're not leaving here in a body bag. The next time I see you near my boy, you will end up with a bullet in your head. You got me?" Louis asks and Nick nods, looking absolutely terrified.

"Good. Now, get the fuck out of here now." Louis orders and Nick stands and runs down the hallway. Louis tucks his gun back into its holster and runs a hand through his hair as he turns back to Harry.

Harry is sitting on the floor, his hands in his hair and tears streaming down his face. Louis goes up to him quickly and kneels down in front of Harry, slowly detangling his hands from his hair and holding them in his own.

"Harry, baby, please look at me. Are you ok?" Harry looked up suddenly, his eyes red and swollen.

"Louis I'm sorry. I didn't want to kiss him, he cornered me, I swear. I never wanted to kiss him."

Louis leans in and cups Harry's face in his hands, pressing his forehead against Harry's. "I know baby, it's ok. I got rid of him. He's never gonna touch you again."