Louis' POV: Chapter 11

The meeting with the debtor turns out to be a false alarm.

The info Zayn had gotten had turned out to be bad, the man had only been flying out to Amsterdam to visit his daughter, which was confirmed with a quick check with some agents stationed out in that city.

The man was allowed to go, and Louis ripped into Zayn multiple times for his fuck up. Louis really didn't care about the information, he was just mad that Zayn interrupted his date. And Zayn knew it. He was laughing with Liam the whole time.

They spend that evening going over the rest of their info to determine that it was in fact reliable before taking any other actions, and it wasn't until the next morning that Louis was able to glance at his phone and see the text from Harry.

Louis quickly opens it and sees that it was from the night before. He feels guilty about leaving Harry delivered for that long, but there wasn't anything he could do about it now.

L: Thanks luv, I'll see you tonight.

The rest of the day goes by impossibly slow, until the clock hits 6 and Louis has good reason to leave.

Louis and his team actually live in the office building they work out of. When Louis was still in training with his step-father, Louis, Liam, and Zayn all shared a place a few minutes from their current office.

But, once Louis took over and he appointed Zayn and Liam as his council, they spent so much time in the office, they just decided to convert a few office spaces into living quarters.

Louis lives on the ground level, all the way in the back, while Liam and Zayn have shared quarters 2 floors up. He heads back to his quarters and quickly takes a shower and gets dressed.

He decides on a dark blue shirt under a black suit jacket and matching pants. He has just finished buttoning up the shirt when there is a knock at the front door of his quarters.

"What?" Louis yells, and Liam pokes his head in. "What's up, man?" Louis asks.

"Would me and Zayn be correct in assuming that you will be bringing Harry back here after your little dinner date?" Liam asks, and Louis looks over to him as he pulls on his jacket.

"Hopefully. That's gonna be up to Harry though." Louis says as he buttons the jacket at his stomach.

"Cool, so we'll probably get to meet him?" Liam asks, and Louis' head snaps up.

"Absolutely not!" Louis exclaims, and Liam looks confused. "I'm keeping him out of this part of my life."

Liam looks shocked. "You haven't told him? Louis, he should know, especially if you are gonna be dating, or at least seeing each other often. He could be in real danger, and he needs to know."

Louis just shakes his head. "I can protect him if I need to, but the more he knows, the more of a target he'll become. I'm not doing that to him. He doesn't deserve that." Liam walks into the room, and places a hand on Louis' shoulder.

"Mate, he doesn't deserve to be lied to. You need to tell him." Louis just shakes the hand off his shoulder and glances at his watch. 7:40. He needs to go to pick up Harry.

"No." Louis says simply and walks out of the room, leaving Liam alone. Louis knows the real reason he doesn't want to tell Harry.

He doesn't want Harry to be in any more danger, but he knows that if he tells Harry what he really does, then there is a chance Harry will leave.

He can't lose this boy. Louis has spent so many years with one night stands with people he can't stand the next morning. He's never felt about anybody the way he feels about Harry. And he can almost guarantee that, if Harry walks out of his life, he will never feel this way again.