26; a familiar feeling

❀ ₊⁻∘・ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ・∘⁻₊❀
❝ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ - ғʀᴀɴᴋ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ❞

0:36 ⸠—❍——————⸡ 3:21
▶︎ ❙❙ ◼︎ ⟳

"𝙾𝚛 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍?"

°:. *₊ ° . ° .•°:. *₊ ° . ° .•°:. *₊ ° . ° .•°:. *₊ ° . ° .•

"I'm allowing you to play for one quarter."

Another day, another game. The Shining Diamonds basketball team was currently in a bus, about to arrive at the arena for a match against their third school, Miroh University, for the tournament. The freshmen had weary expressions, not really sure what to expect from the opposing team, while the older years wore confident grins on their faces. Well, you can't really blame the first years considering they have never played a game against the Charmers, Miroh University's basketball team.

"Don't be too aggressive later, Byeol. You'll only injure yourself further." Her coach said from across the aisle, opposite of the injured team captain. Byeol nodded half-heartedly, not really paying attention. She was pretty sure she could already play more than one quarter after almost drowning the other day, in which she ended up perfectly fine. Physically fine, for the most part. A simple basketball match won't hurt too much.

Byeol sunk deeper into her seat, spotting the entrance gates to the arena in the distance. As she was about to gather her things to exit the bus, she spotted the Charmers leaving their own bus in one organized line, surrounded by a few fans taking pictures of them. She quickly leaned towards the window, trying to see if she could recognize one of their players. Their backs were facing Byeol, who was finding it difficult to put a name on any of them.

"Hey, let's go. We're the last ones here."

A pat on her head caught her attention, making her flinch slightly and turn around. Jeonghan raised his eyebrows at her, "You need help with your things?"

Byeol opened her mouth to say no, but just shook her head instead. "I can manage. I literally went on a hundred feet tall waterslide with you the other day."

At the words 'with you', Jeonghan couldn't help but blush. "Are you okay? You left so sudde-"

"Dude, let's go!" Seungkwan ran back to the bus' window, knocking on the glass to call their attention. Byeol took her duffel bag, which was previously in Jeonghan's hand, before the two of them left the bus.

₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊

It was Byeol's first time being introduced onto the arena court as team captain, her jersey number and full name being announced. She walked with pride and reached the leftmost of the line, gladly waving at the supporters of Shining Diamonds. She suppressed a laugh when she saw a few fans waving a gallery of their faces printed onto big cutouts.