15; back

❀ ₊⁻∘・ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ・∘⁻₊❀
❝ sᴍɪʟᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ - sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ❞

2:13 ⸠————❍———⸡ 3:52

▶︎ ❙❙ ◼︎ ⟳

"𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

°:. *₊ ° . ° .•°:. *₊ ° . ° .•°:. *₊ ° . ° .•°:. *₊ ° . ° .•

"Your father's here."

Byeol could hear her dad's secretary's voice from the other side of the door. She sighed, "I'm aware. Tell him I'll go down in 5 minutes."

"Very well." The man said courtly before he left, as Byeol heard his footsteps getting fainter.

Her father was currently visiting from Japan, where he resided for the past 6 and a half years in order to take care of his business. He would come to South Korea every now and then, but only for special occasions and short period of times considering how busy he is. Right now however, he would be spending a month there, wanting to catch up with his children and see how much everything has changed.

They were having dinner with a few close relatives that night, which meant the siblings had to look more proper and 'mature' than usual. Byeol wore a black sleeveless turtleneck and black wide-legged pants, nothing too fancy as they weren't going out or attending a party . She left the room with her phone in hand, making her way downstairs.

She entered the dining room, and locked eyes with her father. "Abeoji."

Her father's eyes lit up, and he embraced his daughter. "You're definitely taller." He laughed in their hug, letting go after a few seconds. He fixed her hair as it was slightly messed up in the hug, and his eyes softened after staring at her face. "You used to look like me, but now you look like your mother."

Byeol's expression almost faltered at the mention of her, but she really didn't want to ruin her makeup right before the guests arrive. She noticed how her father's smile twitched when he mentioned his wife.

"Your hair's gray." She commented to divert the attention, and her father flicked her forehead. "Where's Chan?"

Byeol's smile faded, and she pointed a lazy finger at the staircase behind her. "He's still getting ready-"

"Appa!" Chan smiled, appearing from the 2nd floor as he ran downstairs into his father's arms, which wrapped around the boy's frame. Byeol smiled bitterly at the interaction. Their father was closer with Chan, and now that they're all together, she'll probably be almost invisible to them. Not to mention she wasn't at best terms with her brother right now. Before, she didn't have a problem with that as she was the same with her mother. If Chan was closer with their father, then Byeol was closer with their mother. But she wasn't there, so she now felt slightly lonely, but soon Seokmin was gonna arrive, which meant she would have company.