It's Time to Say Goodbye

They all layed him down on the soft grass as gently as they could. Everyone was crying, even the brothers. They had finally found their dad and when they did he dies?! What the hair?!
Lilac: Arrow... I'm so sorry, I did this to you. To all of us. I'm a monster. I should just end myself right here and now.
Arrow grabbed her arm as she was leaving allowing her to sit back down beside him.
Arrow: (tries to talk) Not your fault- corruption- can happen... to anyone.
He turned to Rain.
Arrow: I'm sorry- our child. Should've been there- with you.
Rain: It's fine. (chuckled) Maybe not at the time. But I healed.
Arrow: I was... scared. Thought with Lilac- you'd have better life.
Rain: Oh Arrow, I had no idea... You're forgiven.
Arrow: My sons... I'm proud- all of you. John?
He ushered his son close and whispered in his ear.
Arrow: Your grandmother would be proud.
He smiled as he saw his son tear up.
Arrow winced in pain. He didn't have much time, but what time he did have left he decided to use a troll song to die. That was usually tradition. After his song he drifted into a sleep like death. Lilac looked to Rain.
Lilac: I'm ready.
Rain nodded. Everyone else looked confused. But John Dory had a theory.
JD: I think Rain is going to try and reverse the effects of the song on mom's mind.
Others: Whoa...
Poppy: Wait!
Everyone looked at her.
Poppy: Before we do anything, we should give Arrow a proper troll burial. He's earned it.
Branch: Poppy's right. Our dad always put others before himself. Now we should do the same for him.
They all smiled and buried Arrow in a field surrounded by flowers and laid his favorite bow on the burial plot. After they paid their respects, Lilac and Rain had a long overdue ceremony to do.
Lilac: I'm scared.
Rain: I'll be with you every step of the way.
They both hummed, each of their voices harmonizing with one another.

🪻: Sing me a song of a lass that is gone say could that lass be I?
💧: Merry of soul she sailed on a day over the sea to sky
🪻💧: Billow and breeze islands and seas mountains of rain and sun
🪻: All that was good all that was fair all that was me is gone.
💧: When the day should come to sing of a life a life filled with joy.
🪻: Doubt and anger pain and sadness all that was me and more.
💧: Merry of soul you sailed on a day over the sea to sky.
🪻💧: All behind all put back all we need is song. (harmonized) AAAAAAAHHHHH.
A bright light came from the two trolls, everyone looked away for a brief time before looking back. It was like nothing had changed, except one thing had. Lilac. She looked more like Rain. She looked sensitive and sweet, kind, and most of all loving. You could see it in her eyes.
Lilac: Are you okay Rain? You know what that spell costs you.
Rain just shrugged. Then saying in sign language: "I did this for you. I love you."
Clay: Uh, what's with the flailing of your arms Rain? Why aren't you speaking?
Poppy: What cost is Lilac talking about?
Rain just smiled at them and gestured to Lilac to tell them.
Lilac: That song that fixes one of us who is shall I say broken or lost, when the troll who sings it to fix the other they in turn lose their voice. An unfortunate casualty for fixing someone who is broken. (looked sad)
Rain went to her and put her hand on her shoulder. She then signed her arms to her older cousin making Lilac laugh.
Poppy: What did she say?
Lilac: She said she would do it all again because family is worth it. Even if that means not speaking ever again.
Lilac looked to her sons.
Lilac: Boys? If you'll allow me... I'd like us to start over. Become the family we never got to be.
The brothers looked at each other then to Rain and back at Lilac. Then they nodded in agreement.
Bruce: Why not.
Floyd: family hug!
Everyone got in leaving Poppy out of place.
Lilac: Get in here, Poppy! You helped my boys better than I ever could.
Poppy: Well...
Branch: Poppy, I know you want to. Just do it.
Poppy: I really do! Hug time!

They journeyed back to Troll Village, having their mother back in their lives was nice. Lilac enjoyed it too. She especially enjoyed having her relationship back with Rain. She missed her sister-like cousin.

The End