A Real Lullaby

As everyone continues their journey to the mountains where Rain says Arrow lives, Poppy asks what everyone is currently thinking.
Poppy: I know we're all thinking it, so I might as well be the one to say it. Do you think Branch will be okay? What if he's never the same again? What if-
JD: No! He'll be fine! He's Branch.
Bruce: Bro, chill. But JD's right, Poppy. As long as you've known Branch, he is someone who gets back up again. (smiles to reassure her)
Clay: Plus, I'm sure Lilac will unhypnotize him once she finds Arrow... right?
Floyd: Clay's right. Let's just continue looking on the bright side of things.
Just as Rain promised, they reached the bottom of the mountain just as the sun was setting.
JD: Cay everyone, we should rest up if we're going to save Branch.
Poppy: How can we sleep?! I know you won't admit it like the rest of us, but you're afraid of what might happen tomorrow! Facing off Lilac, seeing your father again, and whatever will become of Branch!
Rain: Poppy, I understand how you must be feeling. I was too when I lost my best friend. But we can't lose faith. We will get to them in time. I promise. How about I sing you a lullaby that has been passed down in my family? It's called The Song of the Sea.
When John Dory heard this, he freaked out.
JD: Whoa, whoa! I think we all know from last time what that song does to people!
Rain: Let me guess, your mother sang it to you when you were little and then manipulated Branch with it?
JD: More or less. But otherwise, that song is evil.
Rain: No, John, it isn't. If sung correctly, it can be very soothing. Please trust me on this.
He looked her in the eyes and saw she was telling the truth.
JD: Okay...
When Rain sang, it was different from Lilac's. It had more empathy. More feeling, like it was coming from the heart. She was right. It was soothing. For the first time since he was born, the song made him sleep, and in a good way, too.