Lilac's True Intentions

The next morning, before everyone woke up, Lilac quietly went over to Branch.
Lilac: Branch... Branch... Branch!
Branch: I'm ready! I'm awake! What the- Mom? What are you doing? Why did you wake me up before everyone else?
Lilac: I need your help for something... personal. Can I count on you to help me?
Branch: Uhhh, sure? Should I wake the others? Poppy is more good with personal scenarios than I am.
Lilac: No! I mean no. Let them sleep. Please follow me.
Branch: Okay.
Branch followed Lilac for a couple miles before finally asking:
Branch: So what's this so-called personal problem? Does it have something to do with your fight with John Dory and what he said?
Lilac: Um, a little. I wanted to surprise you, but we are on a mission to find your father.
Branch: What?! You know where dad is?! Why didn't you tell us?! The others will be ecstatic!
Lilac: No! You can't tell the others. Especially John.
Branch: What, why?
Lilac: (looks at him with crazy eyes) Because Branch, you're the key! The solution to my problems! To finally get back in good graces with Arrow! Then I'll finally find true happiness...
Branch: (slowly walks backward) Okay? I thought you just wanted to talk out your feelings about why you lashed out at JD and vice versa. So, I'm gonna go... maybe my brothers can help you, and we can fix whatever it is you're going through.
Lilac: I didn't think it was possible... but you're just like him.
Branch: Who?
Lilac: Arrow! He tried to help me, too... but instead, he made it worse! So the only thing left for me to do was to send him away for good! Leaving me broken hearted!
Branch: Please, mom, calm down! Breathe! Let me get the others, please.
Lilac: No. Not again. I will have what I made you come for.
Branch: (shocked) What?...
Lilac: Oh, please! Do you honestly think I care about any of you! Until you came along, my life was perfect! I had Arrow all to myself! I was happy! For once in my life, I was truly at peace!
Branch: I'm going back to tell the others what's really going on! Then we'll get out of this crazy forest! JD was right not to trust you! I never should have come here!
Branch started to run away when he started to hear humming. He looked back, and Lilac was gone! There was mysterious fog coming in, and he couldn't see anything! He then saw a shadow that looked like Poppy. He ran towards it, only to realize that it was Lilac. Stopping abruptly, he fell on his back where Lilac was standing over him, still humming. She then grabs him with her hair while saying: "Don't worry, Branch, soon everything will make sense." Seeing Branch still struggling, she continues her song.

Sleep little one, close your eyes
Your body's cooling with the night, let your worries slip away, tomorrow is a brand new day
Shimmering moon and satin sky, soft wind breathes it lullaby, your dreams are here to set you free
The dawn will bring you back to me

As she finished her song, she saw that Branch had been completely entranced; just like she wanted.
Lilac: Now, on with my quest.

Back at the camp:

Poppy: Have you guys seen Branch?
All: No.
Floyd: Where's mom at?
Bruce: Maybe she felt she needed alone time, and Branch followed her?
Poppy: I don't know. I feel Branch would've woke one of us to tell us where he was going or doing.
John Dory comes out from some bushes while zipping up his fly.
JD: Morning, everyone! What I'd miss? Why do you all look worried?
Clay: Mom and Branch are missing, and no one knows where they went.
JD's mind blew up. His worst fear had come to pass. His mother took Branch for probably something diabolical and was in danger.
Clay: (waves a hand in front of John dory) Uh, John? Bro?
JD: (grabs Clay) My worst fear has come to pass!!! (drops Clay)
Bruce: Dude! Chill! What's all this about?
JD: (fiddles with his fingers) I can't say. I made a promise to grandma.
Clay: This might be bad to say, but she's not here anymore. So, loop hole?
JD: I don't know...
Poppy: Please, John? For Branch?
Just as John Dory was about to tell everyone the big secret that he had kept mainly all his life, the glow bug Viva had sent dropped on John Dory's head.
JD: Ouch! What the!
He picked up the scroll.
Poppy: Look, it's from Viva!
JD: Why would she send this to me?
Poppy: Open it!
John unrolled the scroll and out fell ripped pages of a scrapbook marked: Family History of Delilah. John looked at the letter which read:
Dear John Dory,
After learning about the women in your family and their unusual gift, I thought you could use this information to help you defeat Lilac and save your brothers (and Poppy).
Good luck.
- Viva
P.s Love you Poppy!

JD: Alright, guys let the truth finally be revealed...