The Letter

23 years ago (more or less)...

???: Boys! Don't run with your brother! I don't want his egg to crack! Yelled a light purple toned troll with pink hair that was braided down with flowers. As the brothers known as John Dory, Spruce, Clay, and Floyd, ran around with their soon to be sibling Branch, wrecking havoc, screaming, and laughing because they were so excited that their brother would hatch any day now. Their mother, Lilac, who wasn't the most responsible parent, because having her husband Arrow recently pass away, so she always had her mother (Grandma Rosipuff) troll-sit the boys. One day, as she dropped off the boys, she kissed and hugged them extra hard like it was the last time she would ever see them.
Lilac: I love all of you. (looks to her eldest son) John Dory, you have to look after your brothers and always make sure they're safe. Do you understand?
John Dory: Yes, Mom.
Lilac looked at her mother with sorrow and regret in her eyes.
Rosipuff: You don't have to do this. It's not too late to turn back.
Lilac: I can't do this anymore. I'm done. I don't know why I even thought I was ready for... (looks at her sons) *whispers* kids. Just promise me you'll look after them?
Rosipuff: Of course, dear. Always. And I will always love you too. (Rosipuff hugs her daughter)
Looking back at her family, whom she had come to know and love. Turning around she closed her eyes and heaved a heavy sigh, then as a single tear ran down her cheek she whispered: "I'm sorry." The brothers never saw their mother again...

Present Day:

TROLLS:

We are family!
I got all my sisters with me!
We are family!
Get up, everybody, and sing!
Everyone can see we're together
as we walk on by!
And we fly just like birds of a feather
All the people around us they say
can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
we're giving love in a family dose
We are family!
Oh yeah!

The trolls were happily singing in Pop Village. After rescuing Floyd, Branch and his brothers reunited and Branch has never felt more connected to them. By his side singing was Poppy, the love of his life. She was the sun to his morning rain.
Poppy: You were awesome Branch!
Branch: Thanks Poppy.
JD: That was great harmony lovebirds!
Floyd: I missed singing with other trolls.
Clay: Same here!
Bruce: Oh yeah.
Viva: Poppy, you were so fantastimazing!
Poppy: Thanks Viva, you were fantastawesome?
Viva: That's such a cool word!
Clay: Viva we should probably get back to the putt-putt trolls. They probably feel overwhelmed after that song.
Viva: Alright. Bye Poppy, bye guys!
Poppy: Bye Viva! Bye Clay!
Brothers: Bye bro!
Branch: Well I should probably head home. Gotta restock some rations. Wanna come Floyd?
Floyd: Nah. I'll make new friends in the village, but I'll walk back with you.
JD: Me too!
Bruce: Count me in.
Branch: Ok?
As his brothers walked him home, Branch receives an envelope from a glow bug.
Branch: What the?
Floyd: Who's it from?
Branch: Don't know? There's no adress or who it's from.
Bruce: Maybe you gotta secret admirer. (wink wink)
JD: Or it's junk mail. Or or a prank! Be careful Bitty B...
Branch rolled his eyes and opened the envelope. It was a letter.
To Branch:
If this letter has reached you that means that you're still alive and safe. After hearing a rumor that the troll tree was destroyed and that the village had found a new home called Pop Village. I thought I'd adress this letter there so I could find you. I've always wanted to reach out to you but I could never bring myself to do it because of how I left things with you and your brothers. Although you've never seen my face I long to see yours. To see the troll you've grown up to be. If you wish to see me as well you will find me in the north woods 200 miles from Pop Village. I wish to see you soon my love.

Sincerely, Lilac

a.k.a Mom

After Branch had finished reading he was at a loss for words and dropped to his knees.
Floyd: Branch? What's wrong? Are you ok?
JD: Let me see that. (reads the letter) Oh no...
Bruce: Whaaaat is happening?
JD: It's her. She's back.
Floyd and Bruce looked at each other then with shocked and sorrowful glances they looked at their little brother who had a few tears running down his cheeks.
JD: We've got to get Clay. (looks at Branch and helps him stand) Emergency Family Meeting. Now.