Chapter Thirty-Four

HENRY

After countless date nights in Austin, along with the consumption of numerous Mexican and Brazilian cuisine, Sydney and I found ourselves back in the US for the Las Vegas Grand Prix.

"You're telling me that rather than being lifted on a platform rock-star style, they're doing a whole parade this year?" Sydney laughed as she read through the itinerary.

I sighed, slapping my palm against my forehead. "Yes."

"How long is the parade?"

"Hopefully ten seconds."

Sydney gently flicked through the pages of the document, laughing when her eyes caught sight of an absolutely horrendous request I'd been tasked with.

"You're dressing up?" she cackled. "As Elvis." Her laughter echoed through the hotel room and onto the balcony outside. "It says here that you'll have to meet two hours before the parade for makeup and hair styling." She slapped the document shut and ruffled the top of my head. "Oh baby, you're going to have gelled hair. How will you survive?"

I rolled my eyes. "I won't. I'll deliberately crash my car during free practice so I'm forced to stay back with the team and fix it."

She pouted her lips. "You will do no such thing. I can't wait to see you all suited up and slicked. God, I hope it doesn't give me the ick."

I walked over and pressed my lips against hers. "It won't...ever. Because we're in this together now. For real."

She grinned, her skin heating as she eyed my lips. "Correct answer." A loud knock startled us a second later, forcing us to jump back.

I walked to the peephole and peered through.

"Who is it?" Sydney asked cautiously.

I sighed. "Your brother." Theo and I both knew our friendship would never go back to the way it had been. But we were closer now that the media had dialled back their reporting about my relationship. Theo still didn't know the truth, and a big part of me wanted to let him in on the secret. He was the type of man to understand why we did what we had to do, and another part of me hoped the truth would make him see us in a different light. To know that I absolutely cared about his sister. She was my number one now. Today. Tomorrow. Forever.

I still kicked myself every time I thought about what could've happened if I didn't chase after her in Singapore. To think that she could've been with another man right now. Or worse, with Jeremy.

"I guess we're doing it now then," Sydney sighed. We'd spoken in Brazil about how we were going to tell Theo everything. We just hadn't set a date, until now.

I swung the door open with force while Theo stood there, arms crossed and mellow. I was half-expecting him to be fuming, for absolutely no reason other than the fact that I was dating his sister. But then again, he loved Vegas, so I figured that had put him in a good mood.

I looked at his shoulder. "New tattoo?"

He smiled. "Yeah. Got it done earlier this week. Surprised you still noticed."

I sighed. "Of course I did. I won't forget the day you asked me to hold your hand for your first one."

Theo rolled his eyes. "I did not." He looked behind me. "You guys wanted to talk? I swear if you've broken up, you know I'm always going to pick Sydney's side."

Sydney laughed. "Shut up and just come inside."

Theo's demeanour switched as he entered the room...as if nerves had suddenly taken over his body. "Okay. If you haven't broken up then I don't know what's so urgent. Oh, they're not making me dress up as Elvis now, are they?"