Chapter Nineteen

SYDNEY

"Oh my God, this villa is absolutely beautiful," Lily screamed as we entered our home for the next week. Francesca and Matt had rented a four-bedroom mansion on the island of Santorini. With white walls, sun in all corners and linen curtains flowing in the wind, it was the place I dreamed about in my sleep. Not last night, however. Last night I dreamed about one thing and one thing only.

Henry.

It didn't help that we woke up spooned together like an actual couple. His warm arms enveloped my body and brought my temperature to a level that was too high to be considered healthy. I tried to move away when I woke up, but he was strong, even for some in the deepest sleep.

"Hey, you're meant to stick to your side. I'm nearly falling off the bed," I joked.

Henry let go of my body, my back feeling cold at the sudden movement. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

I turned around to face the man with sleepy stubble and tired eyes. "It's okay. You're lucky I'm not on the floor."

Henry laughed. "I'm also sorry for spooning you like that. I have no idea how that happened."

I laughed too, because, for some reason, I wasn't feeling awkward. "I think sleepy Henry likes me."

He smiled. "Awake Henry likes you too." I warmed, feeling giddy at his innocent comment. When I signed up for this, I had no idea how nice he'd be to me.

It didn't help that I felt safe like that...wrapped up in his arms like I was his lover and he didn't want to let me go. None of that was true, but it was nice to imagine. It was something I'd never experienced before. Jeremy always said his shoulder hurt too much if we cuddled like that.

"So, Henry and Sydney are in the large bedroom upstairs," Francesca began. "Theo, you are in the room down the hall, and Lily you're in the bedroom next to us on the ground floor."

"I hope the walls are soundproof," Lily joked, which made Francesca and Matt turn red.

"Anywaaay," Francesca sighed. "We have a dinner tonight...just the six of us. We're cooking for you all."

"Oh, Frankie, you don't have to do that," Theo said. "We're here to celebrate you, not make you cook a three-course meal for us."

"Pfft, don't be dumb, it's not a three-course meal," Matt said dryly. "At most, it'll be some Bolognese and garlic bread."

"Considering I've never seen you in a kitchen Matt, I'm concerned the meal will just be plain pasta and ketchup," Lily teased.

Matt folded his arms and scoffed.

"Thank you to you both," I said, in an attempt to change the subject. "This place is beautiful."

Francesca walked towards her fiancé and laced her arm in his. "We just want it to be the best week."

"It will be," Henry said. He placed his arm behind my back and tugged me closer. "Come on, ma chérie, let's go and unpack."

I nodded before we thanked our friends once more and headed for the elegant staircase. Holding my breath, I gently shifted my weight onto each glass step. The beauty was almost overwhelming, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it would shatter if I lingered too long.

We opened the door to our guest suite.

"Holy shit," I muttered.

"Yeah," Henry said in agreement.

Whitewashed walls adorned with traditional blue tones created a tranquil atmosphere. The room was bathed in natural sunlight that filtered through sheer curtains, casting a warm glow. Simple yet elegant wooden furniture added a touch of rustic charm, while the wrought-iron bed, embellished with crisp white linens and handmade cushions, stood as the centrepiece. The whole room did not disappoint, to say the least.