Chapter 8 : Eva(ngeline)

I just backpacked a biker I just met. I just backpacked. A man. I just met.
"Eva,you okay?" Minnie pops her head over the counter as I unzip the oversized jacket I was wearing.
"Yeah I guess" my mood changing as if that question was the missing piece. People at work were made aware that I had some personal issues going on, with the help of Ivory who demanded to let me have flexible hours until further notice. "Well um I just don't feel so good. Is it okay if I go home early?" I request while looking at the ground afraid of Minnies response.
"Stop looking so scared Eva! Ofcourse you can go home, Stella and Anastasia will be in soon to do the afternoon shift anyway."
"Thank you so much Minnie seriously" I finally allow my gaze to meet hers.
"Get home safe!" Minnie calls after me as I give her a soft smile before opening the door to the cafe.
"Ouch."
"What took you so long I was getting worried." I glare at Vinnie while holding my nose.
"She said I can go home calm down."
"That's good" his body looked tense as though he became defensive in the environment from my absence.
"I'm sorry for hurting you." He says as he takes off one of his gloves and places a hand on my cheek. I catch myself before falling into an illusion of affection.
"Stop being so affectionate people might see and will start assuming." I demand before pushing past him with my arms crossed forgetting the aggression of the cold.
"At least do the coat up" he uttered while following behind me. Why does his voice make me want to do whatever he says. How annoying. He put his glove back on prior handing me his phone.
"Huh?"
"Your address. How else can I drop you home" he states as he stares at me as though to admire my cluelessness.
"Right."