Chapter 5 : Eva(ngeline)

(Tw: swearing,drug use)
"Ugh fuck this." I don't usually swear but as my head sunk between my thighs while I say below my favourite willow tree in the corner of my childhood park the memories washed over me.

"Please mom I really need you right now" I pleaded with my head gushing with blood into the marble sink as I twisted the shiny tap at hopes it would wash away all of my despair in this moment.
"Why did you call me Evangeline? I can't save you." Her melancholy voice echoed through my cell phone speakers.
"Open this door Evangeline!" The door handle rattled as my hands shook almost dropping my phone to the ground. "Open up before I kick this door down and smash your pretty little head into the sink once more!" After the aggressive rattles came the banging.
"Mom please!"
"Evangeline,dear,I'm awfully busy right now.." she paused as though to emphasise how little of an explanation she thinks I deserve.
"What else could you possibly be doing mom? Other than c0c*ine or fucking h*roine!" My tone grew louder at attempt to override his words which grew more disgusting.
"Fuck this." I murmured before hanging up the phone. I grabbed a towel from the shelf and damped it with water before pressing it against my forehead and leaning back on the bathroom door to minimise the force pushing against me on the opposite side of the door.
"Dad come on! You don't want to do this listen to yourself...dad?" A subtle thump to the ground as I uttered the label he no longer deserves. I should be a normal daughter and open the door so fast that the breeze it emits dries away all my blood. But I won't. I won't be the ideal daughter because he was never the ideal father to me. Dad; I'm using that term extremely loosely right now. Same goes to that good for nothing mother of mine.