28. Obstacle Race

My mind continued to fog getting lighter and lighter. I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain any moment now. But I refused to let that happen, if anyone found out they wouldn't let me compete in the festival and I couldn't let this chance be ripped away from me.

"Ayumi?" A soft voice whispered my senses finally picking up the change in surrounding as the pain slowly dissipated.

"Shoto..." I responded opening my eyes to stare at the red and white head person in front of me.

"You alright?" He asked handing me a water bottle, thanks to being around him a lot he came accustomed to helping me out in these moment, and he always knew water helped a lot.

"Thanks,' I said my voice raspy as I reached for the bottle drinking a whole bunch.

"What caused it this time?" He asked sitting down beside me.

"Izuku, I've said some terrible things to him. I wanted to help, stop him before he did something stupid, but it seems I was stupid for not trusting him." I mumbled holding my knees against my chest. "I'll have to apologise soon."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. You can try to ignore each other forever, but after all you live together." Shoto sighed.

"Thanks, I guess we better get going. I've got to clean this up as well." I said looking down at my burnt bandages.

"I'll get your bag." Shit it mumbled standing up from besides me.

"Thanks." I mutter my eyes drawn to the new burn.

-.-.-.-.-.-

"We'll be going on soon." Uraraka squealed clearly nervous. I stood leaning against the wall still lost in thought. 'What could be causing this.' I thought my hand wrapped around my wrist.

'It's too late for me to backout. Plus I need to do well in this I can't attempt to loose even if I'm worried of it being revealed.' My eyes looked around the expressions of excitement and nervousness coming from my classmates reminded me of how big this ordeal was. I needed to do well, I needed to get into the last stage show I can prove myself and get myself a good internship with a good hero that'll teach me something worthwhile.

"Alright kids start walking." Aizawa's voice stated over the intercom hidden in the corner by the door, signalling that it was time to be introduced. I sighed pushing myself of the wall and mentally preparing myself. Every move I will make will be watched, whether it's by a pro or a normally civilian in a crowd doesn't matter, I needed to focus.

'This is my time. I refuse to let anything cloud my mind anymore.'

We all walked on the screams of the citizens getting louder each step.

"Oh god this is so scary!" Mina whined.

"Omg have there always been this many people!" I squealed similar to Mina.

'Holy fucking balls, I knew there be lot of people but this is too much!'

"I hope we'll still be able to give our best performance with all these people watching us. I suppose it just another aspect of being a hero we all have to get used to." Iida said completely unaffected by the amount of people around us.

'I'M NEVER GOING TO GET USED TO THIS!'

"Present Mich sure did talk us up a lot it kinda makes me nervous." Kirishima added making me feel so much... worse. 'I've got to keep up with those high expectation as well... just kill me now.'

"Oh god Ayumi, I'm so not ready for this spotlight..." Mina murmured.

"We can do this." I stuttered giving Mina a shaky thumbs up, which didn't seem to help her nerves at all.