•Thirty Four •

•Bridal Shower•

Desire's POV:

As I sat at the park, surrounded by Alicia and her friends, I couldn't help but feel a sense of joy for her upcoming wedding. The sun was shining, the atmosphere was lively, and everyone was excited to celebrate this special occasion. Alicia began opening her gifts, and I watched as each of her friends presented her with something thoughtful and meaningful.

Naomi gave her a beautiful set of kitchen utensils, knowing how much Alicia loved to cook. Bailey gifted her a personalized recipe book, filled with their favorite recipes from their college days. Clare gave her a spa gift certificate, a thoughtful gesture for some relaxation for her and the baby.

Crystal presented Alicia with a framed photo of the two of them from high school, a reminder of their lasting friendship. Miranda gave her a set of personalized wine glasses, perfect for celebrating special moments together. Lannah gifted her a luxurious set of bath bombs, a perfect treat for some self-care.

As Alicia opened each gift, her smile grew wider, and I could see the love and appreciation she felt for her friends. It was a beautiful moment, and I was grateful to be a part of it.

Lannah asked, "So girl, when you get married, what is it that you plan to do with your life?"

Alicia beamed, "I plan to be a stay-at-home mom and be the best wife I could be."

Clare asked, "That's it? You ain't got no personal goals for yourself like starting your own side business-"

Alicia replied, "-Well, I tried to start my own perfume business. But Byron said that I should leave the entrepreneur side to the professionals."

We all looked at each other confused. Crystal replied, "Baby, I wasn't a professional when I started my own nail salon shop."

Bailey agreed, "I know that's real! You're going to make mistakes as you grow your business, but that's just how the game works. So let's ask the question again... what are your goals for yourself?"

Alicia chuckled, "I just told y'all, to be a good mom and a good-"

Naomi interrupted, "-Okay, minus the family part, what is it that Alicia wants to do for Alicia!"

I felt like I was on the show Real Housewives for a second.

Alicia sighed, "My man makes enough to support both me and my child."

Crystal asked, "So you're just going to let this man win you over with money and not do anything?"

Alicia chuckled, "I wouldn't say that he's winning me over with money. I forgot to mention that when I get married, I'll be able to have my mother's inheritance and with that, I'll be able to also be financially stable on my half too."

Lannah asked, "Does Byron know about this?"

Alicia answered, "Yes!"

Lannah asked, "Are you sure he's not just marrying you for that reason?"

Alicia chuckled, "Okay, I don't get where y'all are going with this!"

That was when it all came down quickly. The mood took a turn when one of them voiced their concerns about Alicia marrying Byron.