•Eight•

•At this point it's fate•

Desire's POV:

Malcolm inspected under the hood and he tried to start my car. The engine came on then suddenly it went off, like for good. Then he said, "Well, here's the problem. Your battery died, which explains why your car won't start. It won't start anytime soon. You really need to call for a tow truck to get this sorted."

I asked, "How could this happen!? It was just fine not too long ago!"

Malcolm shrugged then I said, "Okay thank you!"

He asked, "Do you want me to wait with you?"

I shook my head no, and replied, "I don't wanna stop your day."

Malcolm insisted, "No it's okay! It's hot, you shouldn't be waiting by yourself, plus the gym was closed today due to maintenance cleaning. So I've got all the time in the world."

Then I asked, "You want to eat some snacks with me in the car?"

Malcolm insisted, "Can we do it in my car because again it's hot and you ain't got no running air at the moment."

We laughed then I said, "You're right!"

I grabbed my bags of snacks then we got in his car and I called a tow truck.

After the call, I thanked him, "I appreciate you for your help!"

Malcolm smiled, "Trust me...it wasn't me that helped you, it was the Holy Spirit because if your car would've broken down while you were driving, you would've been stuck on the side of the road."

I laughed, "You're right about that!"

I offered him some chips then he shook his head no and said, "I don't eat junk food!"

I asked, "What!? Why not?"

Malcolm shrugged, "I wouldn't be practicing what I preach to everybody in my classes. I tell everyone to go without eating junk food."

I asked, "So you mean to tell me you don't ever eat junk food, sweets, or anything of that nature!?"

Malcolm teased, "Girl no I would lose my figure if I ate junk food all the time!"

I agreed seductively, "You do have a nice body!"

He smiled and said, "Thanks!"

I teased, "But come on now it ain't like junk food is going to kill you."

Malcolm replied, "Just because it won't kill you that doesn't mean it's good for you."

I responded, "But you just said a minute ago it's bad if you eat it all the time! This is just one time."

Malcolm smiled and respectfully said, "No thank you!"

I asked, "Why have you been helping me?"

Malcolm shrugged, "It's something I feel like Jesus would do. Whenever I'm not being nice or kind to someone it makes me feel I'm not representing Jesus."

I looked at the cross he had wrapped around his rearview mirror and his neck. I noticed he's really big on his faith. You can see it and feel it too, he wore that same necklace the night of the party, at the gym, and even now when I look at it you can tell that he's got angels around him.

"Let me ask you a question!" Malcolm said, "Excuse my language, but why are you so bitter?"

I shrugged, "Why the hell not?"

I laughed but he didn't find it to be funny. I cleared my throat and said, "I lost my apartment after getting discharged from the hospital. I had a bunch of savings stashed away in my apartment and it was thrown away with all my other belongings. I don't have a job anymore and now my car broke down. I had a whole life before now and ever since the night of the party my life has been a living hell. Like what else could go wrong!?"