•Thirty two•

•Accept it•

Desire's POV:

The next morning, we had to wake up extremely early just to go shopping. I went with Alicia and Mrs.Wanda. Malcolm went with Byron and I already knew today was going to be a hectic day.
While walking around the wedding shop, Alicia was trying to decide her dress. She's not the same size anymore so she can't fit her first dress, now we have to find her another one.

As I was texting on my phone, Mrs.Wanda approached me and asked, "Cheating on my son already?"

I chuckled, "No ma'am! I'm just emailing my school back."

Mrs.Wanda said, "You are a strange girl. Seriously, tell me who are you? Because I know my son Malcolm can be delusional about the females he thinks like. But, he actually doesn't know them for who they really are."

I replied, "Well your son knows me and I wouldn't worry so much if I were you."

Mrs.Wanda retorted, "That wasn't my question! Who are you?"

I sighed, "My name is Desire and I'm a child of God. That's who I am!"

Mrs.Wanda asked, "You got kids? Are you someone else's girlfriend? Come on, you're going to need to do better than that."

I sighed, "No kids and Malcolm is the only one."

Mrs.Wanda asked, "And that's the ring he bought you?"

I looked down at my purity ring and forgot I had it on my finger. I nodded my yes and showed it to her. Then Mrs.Wanda asked, "And that's the ring you said yes to?"

I replied, "Yes! Mrs.Wanda, money doesn't buy you happiness. But your son makes me happy and I love him."

Mrs.Wanda chuckled, "That's cute! Did he make you say that?"

I started to get annoyed and asked, "Why do you look so down on Malcolm?"

Mrs.Wanda replied, "Because Malcolm is weak. What can you do with him? Everything Byron does Malcolm imitates. I mean think about it, do you really think it's a coincidence that you both got engaged around the same time of Byron's wedding? He wants to have his own gym just as Byron is his own entrepreneur. Malcolm is just a lost cause and I tried to make him a doctor but he didn't want to follow my plans."

I defended him, "Your plans don't matter as long as God has better plans for him."

Mrs.Wanda chuckled, "But I'm his mother and I know what's best for him. God said to honor your parents and he's disobeyed that command longer than you know. He's working at a community gym, lives in an apartment off the hoarders, and he still carries himself as a little boy."

I sighed, "And Byron is any better? He's on drugs, misogynistic, and is only depending on y'all to do everything for him. That's the kind of son you want Malcolm to be?"

Mrs.Wanda snapped, "He was on drugs! Little girl you just stepped into this family don't act like you know us well because you don't. Learn your facts before you start yapping off at the mouth."

Alicia came our with a white fluffly dress on and Mrs.Wanda shook her head no. She didn't like the dress Alicia picked out. Alicia went back to the dressing room with disappointment and our conversation continued.

I said, "Your son is on his own path. If anything, I'm more than happy that he's even chose me to assist him during his journey. Lord knows you couldn't!"

Mrs.Wanda replied, "Malcolm is the type to settle for less. So of course, I couldn't assist him on going down the wrong path. That would be ignorant of me."