•Thirty•

•Meet My Parents•

Desire's POV:

Friday morning, Malcolm came to pick me up so that we could go over to his parent's house. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. Malcolm warned me that his parents weren't the best people in the world. He claims that they are snooty, snob, rich folks who have people under their feet. I couldn't wait to meet them but I wasn't too excited either.

When we arrived, I was honestly amazed and at a loss for words. The mansion was huge and fancy, with a big garden around it.  The pillars out front were huge and they had large windows. This house has got to be four stories. I noticed some statues as well. Malcolm opened the door for me and we walked to the door together. He squeezed my hands and by the look on his face, you could tell that he was nervous.

The door opened and Alicia invited us in. We sat our bags down and Malcolm gave her a hug.

Then Malcolm exclaimed, "Awww!!! Look at your stomach. It's finally a bump! What's the gender?"

Alicia said, "You'll find out tonight at dinner. How are you Desire?"

I gave her a hug and then said, "I'm fine girl, you are looking good for a pregnant woman, I'm jealous."

Alicia blushed, "Oh girl don't be! I miss having a flat stomach like yours."

I replied, "But it must be so exciting to have a baby growing on the inside of you. I'm so happy for y'all!"

Alicia gleamed, "Why thank you!"

Malcolm asked, "Where is my brother?"

Alicia said, "Let me go get him!"

Once she left, his mom and dad came around the corner to say hello. His mom was tall with curly hair, and she looked really serious. She seemed strict. His stepdad was tall too, and he had a scar on the side of his face. It was a bit scary, to be honest. They both looked like they meant business.

They approached us and stared at us before speaking. "Malcolm!" His mother greeted him.

"Mother!" Malcolm replied, "This is Desire and Desire that's my mom and stepdad. Wanda and Brandon."

I smiled, "It's nice to meet the both of you!"

Mrs Wanda asked, "Is she your assistant?"

Malcolm replied, "Very funny mama!"

Mrs.Wanda said, "I'm not joking. That was a genuine question."

"Well for your information she's my fiancé!" Malcolm blurted.

"Fiancé??" His parents blurted out loud. Meanwhile I looked at him in shock.

Why would he say that knowing that's not true!? I was under the impression that I was his date. Not fiancé!

Malcolm replied, "She is and you will respect her!"

I blinked hastily at him in confusion. But I'm going to roll along with it because it's not like I have a choice.

Mrs.Wanda said, "Well I'm sorry that I've offended you Desire! Malcolm, how come you never told us about her?"

Mr.Brandon spoke up, "Yeah, how long have you two known each other?"

Malcolm asked, "Why does that matter??"

Mr.Brandon replied, "It matters because if she means that much to you, don't you think that you would want to introduce her much sooner?"

Malcolm said, "Well Brandon you know I like to keep my life hidden."

Mr.Brandon said, "Yes Malcolm, but she didn't come to us asking for permission to marry you!"