>24<

(A/N)

So a later in this chapter there is an event and it's not how it happened in real life but with the circumstances of the story this is how it happens in here. You will know what I mean when you get there, but this plot is fictional so this is how it happens in here.

Third Person POV

Michael and Sophie walked into school the next day holding hands and Sophie noticed that a lot of people were staring at the two. She ducked her head down keeping her eyes to herself as she walked to her locker. She opened her locker looking around a bit seeing people looking at the couple. Michael saw her looking around and he looked around seeing people quickly look away.

He rolled his eyes grabbing her hand and making her face him. He cupped her face and rubbed his thumb over her cheek.

"People are looking" she whispered trying to look around but he kept her gaze on him

"Let them look" he said quietly leaning forward and kissing her gently

"Oi, keep down the PDA" the couple heard someone yell making them pull back and see Calum and Trevor smiling

"Oh shush" Michael laughed putting his hand in front of their faces as he kissed her again making her laugh.

"Get a room" Joe laughed walking up with Harrison under his arm

"How you feeling Joe?" Sophie asked looking over at Joe as Michael wrapped an arm around her waist

"Better now" he smiled leaning over and kissing the top of Harrison's head

They broke the social barrier

They actually did it

Can they do that?

I think they just did

Sophie heard the whispers from everyone around and she smiled seeing more people slowly break out of their groups and go over to other people. She saw a player from the football team run up to the math club leader and grab her face kissing her.

"Mikey" Sophie shook his arm not breaking eye contact from the scene; he looked over at her then followed her gaze to the two people kissing.

"Well would you look at that" he smiled. "I guess we did something right"

"I think we just broke the social barrier" she smiled up at him

~~~~

After the 5th period bell rung everyone ran to the cafeteria except for Sophie and Ashton who walked slowly so Harrison and Trevor could meet them from their class. Once everyone got there they walked into the cafeteria and gasped.

People had pushed tables together and sat in big groups talking to other people. The nerds were talking to the outcasts and the punks were talking to the jocks. There were some couples holding hands from different social groups openly being affectionate.

A nerd from Sophie's English class stumbled up to her with his hand holding the captain of the soccer team's hand. She jumped back not expecting them to be there, but then smiled seeing the two boy's hands.

"I um wanting to thank you for um being open" the nerd stuttered

"We were too scared to come out and you guys weren't so thank you" the soccer player smiled

"You don't have to thank us" Harrison smiled

"You guys were brave enough to go against all odds, so I think that deserves a thank you" they smiled before walking over to the soccer table that now had the student council.