>21<

Sophie's POV

You know how kids sometimes fight with their parents and they run away and never come back. Like they go to a completely different state or something and really never come back. Or they run to a faraway relative or friend and stay with them. Hoping your parents never find you or you never come back.

Well, I planned for that.

My plan was that, we have a basement in our house with window that is below ground so there's this little hole on the side of your house. I put a screwdriver in one of those little ditches and I used that to take out the window and get into the house. My parents never went down there it's basically Christmas decorations and cob webs. So I had a packed bag that I changed every other week with new clothes, extra chargers for anything, three envelopes full of cash, my birth certificate and other important documents, and other needs to basically leave and never come back.

I had started my plan the day after my sixteenth birthday when my parents starting working overtime and I never saw them. The beginning of the two years of my parents ignoring me basically. Back then it was basically cloths and a charger, over time the bag has grown and if I ever needed to leave and never come back I could do that.

Are there times when I would think about using that bag? Of course. Is there a time when I actually used the bag? No. Does anyone know about the bag? No. Not even Ashton. It's my little secret and I don't plan on telling anyone.

Now most people would say I'm going to extremes with me running away and basically starting a new life because my parents ignored me. Well there is much more to that than just my parents, but I don't need to talk about that. But my point is this is the best decision I could if you looked at the other options.

I have run away from home but it was nothing serious and I knew I was coming back sooner or later. Even if I was so incredibly mad or sad I never left with that bag because I knew I was never coming back.

I think the only thing keeping me back was Ashton. He had been the only thing stable in my life since freshman year. Junior year was the one year he was a little... distant, but that was because he had his first actual boyfriend and he is always a little clingy. But he was still there for me no matter what. Now I have Michael, Calum, Harrison, Trevor, Luke, and Joe.

"What are you thinking about?" Michael asked as we pulled up to his house

"Nothing" I somewhat lied smiling at him

"Ok" he said skeptical "Let's go inside" he said grabbing my bag from the back and taking it with him as I got out of the car. I walked over to his side and saw him waiting for me with his hand extended. I smiled grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers. We walked in the house hand in hand going to the kitchen and seeing Mrs. Clifford cooking dinner.

"Hi Mrs. Cli- Karen" I caught myself after she gave me a look

"Hi sweetie" she smiled giving me a hug "Are you staying the night?"

"Yes" Michael interfered before I could say anything

"Great, I made extra for dinner anyways" she smiled

"We're going to go up until dinner" Michael said pulling me to the stairs

"Ok I'll call you when it's ready" she smiled as Michael took us up to his room closing the door. I set my bag down by the door and jumped on the bed reaching over and plugging my phone in. I turned on my back propping myself on my elbows as Michael sat on the edge of the bed on his phone. I got up crawling over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck from behind.

"Who are you texting?" I asked kissing the back of his neck smirking when his breath hitched

"Uh-um Luke, we uh had um band practice today and I forgot" he said licking his lips while I left small kisses on his neck

"Band practice?" I asked pulling back and looking at him confused

"Wait why'd you stop?" he pouted looking back at me

"I didn't know you were in a band" I said confused

"Yeah Luke, Calum, and me" he said confused "Most people in our school know that"

"Well I was too busy with my nose in a book" I rolled my eyes

"Your cute nose" he booped my nose smiling making me roll my eyes but smile

"So what instruments do you guys play?" I asked moving so I sat next to him

"Uh I play guitar and Luke does too but he's the lead singer and Calum plays the bass" he said grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers

"No drummer?" I asked

"No why?" he asked

"Cause I know your exact drummer" I smirked dropping his hand and reaching over for my phone and opening the messages app

To SmAsh<3:

Hey, how are your drumming skills?

"Ash?" Michael asked looking over my shoulder seeing Ash's name on the screen

"Yeah, he's played drums since he was twelve; he's the best drummer I know"

"How many drummers do you know?" he asked smiling

"Two, but Ashton is really good trust me" I smiled at him

"Two?" he asked confused

"Ashton and my dad" I shrugged "He was a DJ who played the drums sometimes when he was younger"

"Ok we'll let him try" he smirked, and I smiled kissing him quickly as my phone beeped. I pulled back grabbing my phone seeing Ash texted back.

From SmAsh<3:

Good as always, why?

To SmAsh<3:

How would you like to be in a band?

"You're so proper on text" Michael chuckled watching me type

"I just write proper all the time" I shrugged setting my phone to the side

"Well it's cute" he shrugged kissing my cheek

"Thanks" I blushed grabbing my phone as it beeped again

From SmAsh<3:

HELL YES!!!!