Chapter 14: Spooky Scary Skeletons-

________________________________________

I sat on my bed, hand on my head, as I stared at Shadow. The black pelted feline glared straight through me, tail twitching with irritation. "I have some explaining to do, don't I?" I murmured, raising a brow. Well, I wasn't about to give away all of my cover, I'd have to think of a half-truth or at the least a little white lie. The shadowy feline hissed, as if to tell me I did, in fact, have some explaining to do.

I paused a moment. "Too bad I'm not gonna explain." I shrugged, noticing the time on the clock. Right as the feline was about to protest, I quickly grabbed my phone and began towards the door. "Okay bye I'm late for work!" I spoke hurriedly before practically slamming the door behind me. Phew, crisis averted for now. Then again, I /am/ late for work... PIGSY IS GONNA KILL ME-

I took a sharp breath and darted towards the noodle shop, breaking into a full on sprint. Luckily, I don't think I was /too/ late. I forced my way past the doors, shaking my head. "Sorry I'm la-" I went to speak, only to freeze in place at the sight of a man in a striped suit. Not him, anything but him, oh God. I stood there, frozen in panic, as I watched the scene before me play out.

"Thank you for this amazing turnout!" The Mayor exclaimed, holding up a key with a skeleton on it for everyone in the noodle shop to see. Which, granted, was just Mei, MK, Tang and Pigsy(also technically me, but I don't think they noticed me). "Woo-hoo! Let's hear it for Monkie Kid! Hero of the city!" Mei cheered, practically bouncing off the walls. "As mayor, I hereby give Monkie Kid the key to our fair city." Mayor continued, turning to face MK in a robotic fashion.

I shook off my panic and quickly made my way over as Mayor handed MK the skeleton key. I could see his eyes flash a bright blue for a brief moment, causing me to look on in horror. MK either didn't notice, or didn't care. "Um, uh, what does this key do, exactly?" MK questioned, scratching is head in confusion. "Oh, you'll love this. It has the power to open anything!" The Mayor did some dramatic hand motions as he spoke.

"Ooh, anything? Like a pet shop full of puppies?" Mei squealed, getting all up in Mayor's personal space- which caused him to sweatdrop, though his deranged grin never faltered. "Yes. Or the door to a lion's cage, or an orphan's piggy bank, an imprisoned mystic power source. Whatever you like! Today, you can do no wrong. You've got my permission. 'Cause I'm the mayor!" The Mayor cackled manically, grin widening and head tilting slightly to the side.

The mayor suddenly vanished into a puff of blue smoke, causing me to sigh in relief. "Huh. I'm starting to think, that's maybe not the mayor." Mei murmured, raising a brow. "Wow. A key that can open anything." MK muttered in awe. "Guys, guys! Don't grin like that, we're /not/ using that key! I swear to God if you use that key!-" I yelped, trying to snag the key from MK to no avail. Oh boy.

|An undisclosed amount of time later.|

After a long, long, while of me chasing the two around and trying to snag the skeleton key away from them, I failed, badly. Eventually, I gave up trying to stop them. I'll just have to keep Redboy from stealing the key! ...Easy enough, right? "Mei! [Name]! Okay, hear me out. We knew the key could magically unlock anything. But maybe, it can also magically lock anything too!" MK realized, grinning.

"You literally just described all keys." Mei deadpanned. "Yeah, she's kinda right-" I agreed, hands in my pockets. "Sure, yeah, fine. But do you know what this means? Having this key, this power. It's so much responsibility. But I know what we need to do." MK spoke in a dramatic tone, tossing the key up and catching it again. "MK, no-" I sweatdropped.

|Another undisclosed amount of time later.|

I facepalmed as MK and Mei snickered, watching from a balcony as Pigsy failed to get into his shop. "Let me in! Let me into my noodle shop!-" Pigsy yelled, as if at the gods. "I wish we had this key all the time! I don't think I've had this much fun in forever!" MK snorts, stifling his laughter with a hand.