Special Chapter: HAPPY NEW YEARS!

________________________________________

"C'mon guys!" I whined, glancing towards the kitchen with my arms folded over my chest. MK's gaze was glued onto the TV, which displayed a live countdown. "You're gonna miss it!!" I yelled into the kitchen towards Pigsy and Tang. "Kid, chill- There's still a whole 15 minutes left." Monkey King's voice rang out next to me. "That doesn't matter, it's still soon!" I protested.

"Peasant, shut up!" Redson hissed, flames sparking in his hair. "No you!" I retorted. "WHAT!?-" Redson nearly snarled- ready to full on start a fight. "Alright, enough of that." Macaque sighed, sweatdropping as he separated me and Redson. "You're no fun." I said, sticking my tongue out at the black furred simian. "Yeah yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes in response.

Soon enough, Pigsy came out with sparkling grape juice and a couple bowls of noodles, which he placed on the table. Tang trailed shortly behind him. "Finally!" I cheered, not hesitating to pour some of the grape juice into a wine glass for myself. As everyone else did the same and got comfortable, I plopped backwards onto the sofa and focused on the counter, which now read '10:00'. "So closeeee!" I cheered, ready to see the ball drop.

I felt myself shiver at the cold of the room, yet ignored it- far too excited. Well, that was until I felt an arm hook over my shoulder and someone leaning against me hesitantly. Glancing over I saw Redson, which caused me to chuckle. "Shut up Peasant, you were shivering." He hissed, clearly not pleased he was doing this. "Yeah, that's totally the only reason~" I teased with a snicker, leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"Guys!! GUYS!!" Mei shrieked, causing Sandy to jump. "Woah!- What's wrong?" Sandy blinked. "5 more minutes!" Mei shrieked again in response. "Calm down, It's just a timer." Pigsy sighed, causing Tang to chuckle. "We're almost there." Macaque observed, standing next to Monkey King. "No shit Sherlock." The ginger furred simian retorted, which got him hit by Macaque. "OW- HEY-" Monkey King scowled.

"EY! No fighting!" I yelled over at the two simian before refocusing on the counter. "It's time!" I gasped, seeing the timer read '00:10'. "Guys! 10 Seconds!" I cheered, causing everyone's attention to snap onto the timer as it went down. 10, 9, 8. I glanced over to Redson and grinned cheekily. 7, 6, 5. "Don't even think about it, [Name]." Redson hissed under his breath. 4, 3, 2. "Oh, whatever do you mean?" I smirked, feigning innocence. 1! Right as the ball dropped I swiftly pecked Redson cheek before darting off to avoid his wrath.

________________________________________

Happy New Years! I hope 2024 is everyone's year!! You can choose whether or not this chapter is canon, but either way it takes place more or less near the end of the story seeing as everyone is mostly chill with each other <3