Chapter 13: Noodles for brains!

________________________________________

Well, today I was watching MK and Monkey King train, and I've got to say- it's a sight to behold. For legos, they are so graceful! That's probably just me being obsessed with the show though. I leaned back against a tree as a small, white furred monkey rested upon my shoulder. Shadow wasn't here with me, shocker. Though, I can't really blame him for not wanting to see Monkey King.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I watched as both MK and Monkey King landed upon two rocks- MK panting and Monkey King smirking. The ginger furred simian motioned MK to bring it on, causing MK to narrow his gaze and twirl his staff before charging at Monkey King. The simian yawned as if bored, dodging in the blink of an eye and reappearing above his successor. "Huh?" MK blinked, turning around and spotting the Monkey King.

Monkey King dropped down towards MK, MK blocking the attack with his staff. The surrounding land crumbled with the force of the impact, causing MK to grunt. Monkey King smirked at MK's struggle, pushing on the staff and leaping backwards- causing MK to stumble towards the edge of the cliffside. He dug his heels into the soil, waving his arms around frantically with a yelp before balancing himself out and charging.

Monkey King ever so casually dodged every hit, ducking and twirling about whilst seeming disinterested. MK was focused, and tried to land another blow on the simian- only for Monkey King's tail to wrap around his ankle. Monkey King leapt up and flicked his tail forward, back towards the mountain, causing MK to yelp and be shot in said direction. "Yeesh.. That's gonna leave a mark-" I murmured, furrowing my brows.

MK groaned, having landed upside down in the rubble. Monkey King landed, grabbing MK by his torso and spinning him like a top before setting him down rightside up. "Better. Way, way better!" Monkey King praised. "You're totally getting the hang of this, bud!" He assured, grinning at his successor. "Aw really?" MK gasped, looking up at The Sage. "I mean, it does make sense. You are getting trained by me. Now, we just gotta work on your focus." Monkey King proclaimed, hands on his hips.

Smug bastard. I rolled my eyes, glancing at the white furred monkey on my shoulder before looking back to the scene. "Yeah, I am the best of focus—" MK paused, realizing what his mentor had said. "What do you mean, 'work on my focus?!' I-I'm like No. 1 Focus Guy!" He argued, grabbing onto Monkey King's shirt. "Ugh, if anyone is No. 1 Focus Guy, it's me." Monkey King groaned, side eyeing his successor and shoving him off.

"What?! Literally your entire legacy is about you being impulsive and dodging responsibilities!" MK protested, grabbing out his book about Monkey King and tossing pages at The Sage as if for proof. He tried to shove his mentor, but /somehow/ what fell was a cardboard cutout of him instead- the real Sage staring like a deer in headlights. Monkey King grabbed a bag of peach chips and tossed one into his mouth. "That's where you are wrong." The simian argued with a hum.

"The time that you ate all the Immortal Peaches that you were meant to guard?" MK pointed out, deadpanning. "That was a long time ago." Monkey King replied. "When you kept annoying everyone in the Celestial Realm?" MK spoke again, raising a brow. "That's a matter of opinion." The Sage responded. "The time you picked a fight with Buddha—" MK was cut off by Monkey King shoving a peach chip in his mouth.

I sighed, picking up the white furred monkey from my shoulder and setting it down as I walked over. "The time you murdered Maca-" I went to also speak, only for Monkey King to shove a peach chip in my mouth to shut me up just as he did to MK. I deadpanned, crossing my arms over my chest as Monkey King sent me a slightly suspicious look before speaking to MK once more. "See, that right there is the problem. You stressed too much about the negatives. Focus is taking in everything, but honing in only on the one thing that matters. Right now, I'm talking to you while also honing in the speed of the wind, the moisture in the air, these 37 emails from my lawyer, the first 18 seasons of Monkey King: The Animated Series. The inner resonance of my soul that contemplate the fact that I am an immortal being, who will never be able to die. And that bug right over there. But..." He paused, eating another peach chip and proceeding to put MK in a accidental headlock(I think he was trying to hug him?). "I'm paying attention to you. Take in everything, choose what you want to do, and then do it. That is focus." He concluded.