26

As they drove through the streets, the night air filled with the gentle hum of the car's engine, Neel stole glances at Malang, who sat quietly beside him, lost in his own thoughts.

"Thanks for dinner, Neel," Malang said softly, breaking the silence that had settled between them.

Neel smiled, glancing over at Malang. "No problem, Malang. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Malang nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Yeah, it was really good. Thanks for cooking."

"It was my pleasure," Neel replied, turning his attention back to the road ahead. "Anytime you want to eat something, just let me know. I'll be happy to cook for you again."

Malang chuckled, his smile widening. "I'll keep that in mind."

They drove on in comfortable silence, the gentle hum of the car lulling them into a sense of peace. As they approached Malang's dorm, Neel slowed the car to a stop in front of the building.

"Well, here we are," Neel said, turning off the engine and glancing over at Malang. "Thanks for coming over, Malang. I had a great time tonight."

Malang nodded, his smile softening. "Yeah, me too. Thanks for everything, Neel."

They sat in silence for a moment, neither of them wanting to say goodbye. Finally, Malang unbuckled his seatbelt and reached for the door handle.

"Goodnight, Neel," Malang said, turning to look at him one last time.

"Goodnight, Malang," Neel replied, returning his gaze.

With a small smile, Malang stepped out of the car and closed the door behind him. Neel watched him walk towards the dorm building, a sense of warmth spreading through him at the thought of their evening together. As he drove away, Neel couldn't shake the feeling that tonight was just the beginning of something special.
.
.
.
.
.
Next day,

In college

As Malang walked through the hallway, lost in his own thoughts, he felt a sense of unease as he sensed someone approaching him

As Malang walked through the hallway, lost in his own thoughts, he felt a sense of unease as he sensed someone approaching him. Turning, he saw Rihanna standing there, her expression uncertain, as if unsure of how he would react.

"Malang, can we talk?" Rihanna said softly, her voice tinged with apology.

Malang stopped in his tracks, his expression guarded. "I don't know, Rihanna. What do you want to talk about?"

Rihanna took a step closer, her eyes pleading. "I'm sorry, Malang. I know I messed up, but I really want to make things right."

Malang's gaze hardened as he looked at her. "Make things right? How do you plan on doing that, Rihanna? You think saying sorry will fix everything?"

Before Rihanna could respond, Netra appeared beside Malang, her eyes flashing with anger. "What's going on here?"

Rihanna glanced at Netra, then back at Malang, her expression pained. "Malang, please. Just hear me out."