17

.
Malang continued trailing Neel, his determination fueled by the lingering unease and his burning desire to unravel the mystery behind Neel's sudden aloofness. Neel, on the other hand, walked with a silent resolve, keeping his emotions concealed.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

Amidst their tense silence, the unexpected sound of Malang's stomach growling disrupted the heavy atmosphere. Malang blushed, attempting to hide the embarrassment that accompanied the audible announcement of his hunger.

Neel, with a hint of amusement in his eyes, remarked, "Haven't had lunch yet?"

Malang, avoiding direct eye contact, mumbled, "I didn't even ate my breakfast yet ."

This revelation surprised Neel, his eyebrows furrowing. Malang's morning departure without a word left Neel irritated, as he only learned about it from Sam later. Neel felt neglected and questioned his significance in Malang's life.

Putting aside their unspoken tensions, Malang looked at Neel with those same sparkly eyes that had a peculiar effect on him. In a surprising turn of events, Neel decided to diffuse the tension by suggesting food.

"Let's talk over some food," Neel proposed, leading the way to his car. Malang, pleasantly surprised, followed him. Neel explained, "If you want to talk, we might as well do it over a meal."
.
.
.
.
.
.

As they entered the car, Neel steered towards a nearby restaurant, allowing Malang's heart to flutter with a mix of anticipation and relief. For Malang, the thought of food wasn't just about satisfying his physical hunger but also a metaphorical hunger for understanding and connection with Neel.

In the quiet ambiance of the restaurant, Neel, with a subtle sense of consideration, ordered the dishes he knew Malang liked. As they sat surrounded by the aroma of food, an awkward silence prevailed, making the air thick with unspoken words.
.
.
.
.

Unable to bear the tension any longer, Malang broke the silence, mustering the courage to question why Neel seemed to be avoiding him. Neel, initially deflecting the query, eventually admitted that recent events had left him feeling unimportant in Malang's life.

This revelation struck Malang like a lightning bolt. To him, Neel held a special place, an idol, a mentor, and someone he admired deeply. He never intended to make Neel feel neglected or less significant.

Perplexed, Malang asked, "What made you think that?" Neel's response touched the raw nerve of emotions, recounting instances where he felt left out of Malang's life.

Listening to Neel's hurt feelings, Malang felt a surge of remorse. Softly, he reached out, holding Neel's hand, conveying a sense of sincerity. Malang apologized for unintentionally making Neel feel less important. He expressed how crucial Neel was to him, not just as a mentor but as his safe place.

Those words lingered in the air, reaching Neel's heart in a way he couldn't articulate

Those words lingered in the air, reaching Neel's heart in a way he couldn't articulate. The connection between them seemed to thaw as the sincerity of Malang's sentiments enveloped them.

Their moment was interrupted as the waitress arrived with their ordered dishes, temporarily diverting their focus from the emotions that had surfaced during their candid conversation.

____________________________________________