Parting Scars - Poe

Poe x Fem!reader Solo

Warnings: mention of sibling abuse?

Word count: 656

Summary: Ben left some parting scar's on his sister Y/n, that she doesn't like to show off. But when Poe ask's her to hand him a tool Y/n's shirt lift's up and he sees it and get's concerned.

A/N: May the 4th/Force Be With You

"Can you help me for a minute?" Poe asked as he saw Y/n in the halls and walked over to her.

"Sure. What with?" Y/n nodded at Poe and started to walk beside him. Y/n wondered what he needed help with.

"I need to fix some things in my X-Wing and I need someone to hand me tools because I have to use both my hands." Poe explained, he hoped he wasn't rambling.

"Okay. Just tell me what to hand you." Y/n sighed nodding along. If he needed help Y/n would gladly help her pilot, even if it sounded a tiny bit boring.

"Great." Poe smiled back, the two walked to the hanger and over to Poe's X-Wing.

"So what's wrong with the X-Wing?" Y/n asked sitting down next to Poe and the tool box.

"Somethings rattling under the cockpit." he told her as he shoved his hands further into the open compartment of the X-Wing.

"Hello BB." Y/n laughed as the little droid rolled over to her beeping happily. The little droid loved her and Y/n loved BB as well.

Helping Poe with the X-Wing took longer than they thought it would. But during Y/n helping Poe, Y/n reached to grab a tool for him Poe noticed her shirt lift up and a ton of scars littered her back. It made Poe become alarmed.

Later the two decided to break and get dinner before it was all gone. ALthough they decided to take it back and eat in the hanger, so they could get to work again when they were done. Y/n and Poe rearranged some cargo cases so they could sit diangle next to each other.

"Y/n can I ask you something?" Poe spoke up after taking a bite.

"Shoot." She nodded, taking her own bite of food.

"The scar's on your back." Poe nervously pointed out, he didn't want to upset her or embarrass her.

"You saw?" Y/n put down her food not looking at Poe yet. She had to take a minute to wrap her head around the fact that she now had to tell Poe. Tell him about something that eats away at her constantly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry if this is crossing some boundaries." Poe apologized.

"You were gonna see them at some point, right?" They had yet to be physically intimate, but Y/n wanted to go there with Poe and she was sure he wanted to go there with her. So eventually she was gonna tell him anyway but not now, not when it was unplanned and out of the blue.

Poe felt guilty for bringing it up, he should've waited for her to tell him but he saw and he was worried. "Y/n, what are they from?"

He might as well ask since he brought it up.

Y/n took a deep breath to calm her nerves and gain some confidence. "My brother. When he turned to the darkside and joined the first order."

"Kylo Ren." Poe had a moment of PTSD when speaking that name.

Y/n nodded and gulped before she explained further. "Kylo Ren, Ben Solo. I don't know which. Both most likely. It happened the night he turned. We fought and it was his parting gift I guess. Scar's that run along my back, some of my arms and torso... I think he was trying to kill me but I'm stubborn and survived."

Poe had to control his anger, if he didn't hate Kylo Ren already he definitely did now. But Poe also didn't want to scare Y/n. Poe pulled Y/n into his arms and rested his chin on top of her head. "If I ever get the chance I'll get him back for you."

Y/n wrapped her arms around his waist and smiled at his protectiveness. Y/n nuzzled her face into his neck. "Thanks Poe."