Flying Lesson - Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron x Solo reader

Warnings: none

Word count: 1253

Summary: Poe thinks the reader doesn't know how to fly. So he's going to teach her. But let's not forget the reader is a Solo/Skywalker.

Authors Note: Poe talks a lot and is so busy maybe he doesn't notice you can already fly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Y/n turned around at the sound of footsteps approaching to see Poe with an excited grin on his face. "Ok, ready for your first flying lesson?" He clapped his hands together, rocking on the balls of his feet.

Y/n sighed. She had tryed to tell him before when he first mentioned teaching her how to fly that she already knew how. "Yeah, but Poe I already-"

"Good. So I'm gonna teach you on my X-Wing." Poe smiled even wider if that was even possible. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into him before heading himself and her to the hanger.

Once they reached the hanger Poe leads them both over towards where his X-Wing is stationed. Y/n can't help but think he really needs to shut up and listen more. She's a Solo and a Skywalker, of course, she knows how to fly. Probably better than him. It's in her blood. "So climb on up." Poe gestured to the ladder, smirking at the thought of watching her go up. He always loved that view.

"Yes, commander" Y/n smiled up at him, saluting. If he didn't want to listen then she'll play along... Then shock the bantha shit out of him.

"Ok so..." Poe started as he got in, sitting right behind her in the tight space. Poe got to explaining all the controls, but all Y/n did was hum and nod along. "Got it?" he asked once he was done.

"Yup" Y/n stated kinda emphasizing the 'p' in the 'yup'.

"Good now let's take it for a test drive." Poe clapped with his arms around her. Moving them to rest around her waist so they won't be in the way when she started up and flew the X-Wing.

Y/n started up the X-Wing, one they were in the air for awhile Poe wanted to see how much she really listened to of his instructions. "Ok so now that we're in the air try turning."

Y/n sighed but kept it quiet so Poe wouldn't hear. She turned the X-Wing like he said, it's hard to not laugh but that would give it all away.

"Poe patted her leg in excitement. "Great. Now the opposite direction."

"Like that?" Y/n asked him coyly, turning her head slightly to see him out of the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah just like that." He smiled proudly leaning forward a tiny bit to place a kiss on her exposed neck. Y/n tryed shrugging him off and Poe started laughing. "OK, now I'm gonna keep my mouth shut."

"Are you sure you're capable of doing that?" Y/n snarked back at him. 'Does he know how much he talks?' she thought to herself. Besides if he actually ever shut up he'd know she can already pilot.

Poe laughed "Haha. But I'm just gonna sit here and you pilot. Let's see how you do."

Y/n smirked, "Prepare to be amazed, Dameron." Y/n started to flip switches that Poe didn't even explain to her about.

Poe tightened his grip on her slightly. "What? Wait what do you mean-"

"Ah, ah, ah, you said you'd be quiet Dameron." Y/n tutted at him.

Once y/n stated pulling trick after trick in the air, she could feel Poe's grip go deadly tight around her waist. Y/n was pulling tricks that her father taught her and tricks she learned from her force ghost grandfather.

^ ^ ^

"Wait!" Poe called after her. "Y/n wait up!" He called again chasing after her in the hanger but kept tripping over his own feet.

"Hey, mom."Y/n smiled walking into the command center.

"Hey, hun. WHats up?" Leia reached her hand out towards Y/n.

"Well, remember what I told about Poe wanting to teach me how to fly." Y/n took her hand, tilting her head in a mischievous way.

Leia rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Even though you already know how to fly."

Y/n bit her lip nodding along. "Well, he just taught me how to fly his X-Wing."

"I thought you were going to tell him that you already know how to pilot?" Leia questioned her daughter with a knowing look.

"I tryed but he cut me off, again. SO I just went with it." Y/n shrugged her shoulders turning her gaze to the floor. Hoping her mom wouldn't catch on to what she might have done.

"You didn't." Leia gave Y/n a pointed look but you could see the amusement behind her expression.

"He was so excited to teach me. SoI went along with it. Let him teach me the controls and button." Y/n explained holding her hands up and shrugging her shoulders.

"y/n" Leia said in a questioning tone.

Y/n shrugged dropping her hands. "Then once we were in the air I might have shown him a thing or two."

Leia smiled at Y/n "you shocked the Hut out of him, didn't you?" She asked but it was more of a statement.

"Yu'p'" Y/n nodded confidently

"Y/n!" Poe's scream came echoing through the hall as he approached the control room.

"Here comes flyboy." Leia smirked at her daughter. Winking before walking away to give them space.

"Yeah." Y/n huffed out before turning towards the direction where Poe is gonna appear. "Hey Poe." she smiled at him innocently.

"Y/n. What in the Wampa was that?!" Poe asked with wide eyes and out of breath.

Y/n shook her head in question. "What ever do you mean Poe?" She let a small smile twitch at her lips.

"You know what! You pulled moves out there that not even I knew how to do."Poe panted out, waving his hands around trying to get out what he was explaining.

"Well if you would have listened to me. I tryed to tell you that I already knew how to fly." Y/n crossed her arms over her chest, popping out her hip.

"If you already know how to fly why did you still go on as if you didn't know?" Poe asked more calmly. Copying her pose. Adding a tilit of his head.

Y/n let out a sigh dropping her arms to her sides. Grabbing Poe's beicp and pulling him over to a spot in the room thats not so occupied with people. Giving them more privacy. "Because Poe. You were so excited to teach me, and I didn't want to ruin that. It was adorable and telling you would've put a downer in the whole happy mood you were in. So I went a long with it. Till you told me to take over for myself." As y/n explained her side of things she could see Poe relaxing, she could see the wheels turning in his head. Y/n smiled at him, shrugging before contuining. "And honestly, we don't get to have many carefree moments fighting this war. I had a great time having you teach me how to fly. Even though I already knew how to. It was fun."

Poe shook his head with a wide smile on his face. He couldn't help the laugh that escaped him. "What did I ever do to deserve you Y/n Solo." Poe looked at her with adoration. Placing his hands on her hips, pulling her closer.

Y/n laced her hands together at the back of his neck. "I don't know Poe Dameron. But I'm sure glad you did."