64

Raven entire universe responded to Zed. The way he was groping through every inch of her body, how he didn't know if he wanted to cup her face, or rip her clothes or even prevail over Raven, made Raven smile through the kiss.

"Wait." Raven moved back but he had grabbed her by the waist not having her take one more step than necessary. He searched fore her mouth and she kept him play for a little while longer before she called his attention again. "We can't. I have to be clear with you." he was nodding but not really listening, not that Raven minded, she loved how his lips tasted and how the ice of his skin was turning her into fire.

She pressed her palm on his cheek and kept him one inch away from her face as she said. "If I'm not married to the prince, it means the curse is not broken." Raven realized as her heart got heavier. So Araxys was not responding to the prince and that was why he kept him locked somewhere in the dangerous.
"The curse stated that you had to marry a prince, you married one. It didn't say the wedding had to go all the way nor did it say you had to consummate it." his voice was hoarse as if was attempting with everything he had not to divert his attention somewhere else. Raven could see his clear eyes stuck on her lips, studying every single movement with hunger.

"But if that is true, shouldn't dragons be able to fly back to their lairs and use the hatchling grounds?"

"You really want to have this discussion right after you told me you love me and I can have you for myself?" Raven nodded and Zed groaned dropping his head over her shoulder but not letting her fall away from his touch.

"For that to happen, you must sit on the throne. That's what I do when the power in my land begins to feel week. I let the throne suck the power it needs. I doubt the prince would let you though. He thinks he has won, the moment he sees you, he'll kill you." Zed caressed her cheek with his thumb. "I vow to you, I will snap his neck when we'll get to the battlefield. I'll have no mercy for what he did to you. for the cages, the handcuffs, the betray. No chance to escape me."

"I need you to know one thing before we continue."

"I already know it Raven. Seraphyx told me. You wish to free Araxys, isn't it right?"

Raven nodded her head but her eyes escaped him. she didn't want to have to ask.

"I will help you with that. He's your dragon, I understand the longing you must feel to be reunited with him even after what he did. it won't be easy though; we would need to literally go to war."

Raven placed a hand on her chest. "I need my magic back. Araxys is dying or at least a part that gave his magic to the prince."

"He's rejecting him. a refusal from their master will send the dragon to certain death.

"But if we're not married, he is not his master."

"I believe he linked himself to the prince at least temporary so I'll have the time to take you away. I still feel his magic inside of you."

Raven opened her palm, she really focused but her skin stayed white as porcelain. No hint of flame. Her arm dropped and she felt discouraged.

"It's there, little lynx."

Raven let him place a peck over each of her eyelashes. "Sera can talk to me because of your mating bond?"

"Correct."

"he calls to me. The prince." She explained her eyes meeting the ground.

"He can call all he wants, you're not his." Raven found her neck pulled back as Zed forced her to face him. "You're mine, little lynx. And if he calls for you, I will shout. And if his voice makes you tingly or in need of being reunited with him, I will love you so, you'll be immune to him. I know it's the magic that is truing to get united with you, but it's your mind that believes it's the right choice to go back to him. if you listen to your heart, I'm sure it will say a different name. after all, you have my magic too."