34

Raven really wished to see him. but it was like sleep failed her and she couldn't seem to reach to whatever jumbo she needed to teleport herself. the next morning, she had slept barely and that made her cranky and annoyed.

At least now she knew it wasn't something spontaneous. Maybe it didn't even depend on her. maybe it was someone's magic. Maybe it was even Araxys'. She needed to understand how to do it, to master it.

She could still resort to more common ways to contact him, but didn't wish to risk her plan. she simply wished to talk to him, and maybe ask some more questions.

She was sure they will meet again. In the meantime, her mission had to go on.

The prince was waiting by the palace gates with a carriage and his horse. When he spotted Raven and her long mantel, it seemed to hold a little more stoic.

Raven fixed her gloves once she reached the price's mounting. He was not alone, Baylor was close by and he immediately bowed to Raven. She would have smiled back, but she remembered that he called her bullshit out when she had lied and so she didn't like him that much anymore.

"What are you wearing?" he inquired when Raven placed her hands over her hips revealing a pair of leather pants and a corset over a white male shirt that someone had fixed on her wrists with red long ribbons.

"I thought it was pretty clear. Comfortable clothes."

"Those are man's clothes..."

"Are they?" she twirled and then smiled at the prince.

"You expect me to present you to the village like that?"

"You will not be presenting me. I'll be presenting myself."

The prince scoffed and took a step back annoyed.

"Presenting yourself? How? They will not listen to a woman dressed I man's clothes-"

The earthquake that followed shut the prince up.

Raven tenderly scratched the dragon's nose looking at the prince sideways.

"I think this will make it easier for them to acknowledge a woman." The dragon open his claw and she walked on it. "See you at the village gate."

Abd Araxys leaped into the sky shaking the ground and scaring the horse. The prince was left hanging while Raven laughed and even if he didn't want to admit it, Araxys smiled too.

They met by the short village walls and Raven kissed her dragon goodbye.

"I do not wish to scare them too much." She waved him and moved past the prince.

"So you're not walking your dog in?"

"No need, they saw me."

And they did. A storm of villagers was frozen around the village's wall staring open mouth to the dragon that was flying in the distance and the princess. She didn't wait for the prince when she walked next to the people, smiling as she entered fixing her gloves.

The prince trailed few steps behind. Everybody bowed when he passed, they were too scared to disrexpect him but the princess didn't seem to mind so they simply whispered.

Raven noticed thought that the whisper where slightly different from the one in the castle and she didn't know what to do with it.

"The princess?"

"is this the one that abolished slavery?"

"Is she our future queen?"

Raven stood tall ad didn't lower her gaze once. She kept her cool and begun to take notice of everything she saw. The prince wasn't too far away, she felt his stare.