56

***LONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG CHAPTER, PLEASE TELL ME IF I EXPLAINED EVERYTHING. SOMETHING IS STILL TO BE UNCOVERED BUT IT WILL BE SHORTLY. I HOPE YOU ENJOY SORRY IF I'VE GONE MISSING. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I HAVE FOR ME. it means so much that you enjoy what i'm writing. please take care of my heart*

Raven looked at her hand, the ring was impossibly wrapped around her skin. Like a snake's coils right before he lunched to eat its pray.

"You don't have much time." Araxys stated calmly. "Was it worth it? risking your life for a moment with him? now you must marry today before the sun sets."

Raven didn't sense any judgment from Araxys, she turned to look at her dragon, he seemed tired, his eyelids were half closed, like he had just woken up.

"I didn't sleep."

He didn't need to say it out loud, he was afraid she wouldn't show up.

"I was taught that if there's something to be done, I must do it. no matter the cost."

Araxys snout cringed as he recognized the words and looked at Raven with contempt.

"The prince must never know. I'm warning you. no one has to know what you did tonight. It was extremely dangerous."
"I didn't do anything. why do you keep accusing me as if it was me that went to see him. I was in that bed with you sleeping next to me when it happened. I didn't choose to go."

"You choose to stay? As I can see from your memories or am I wrong here too?"

Raven's lips sealed as she stumbled to her closer to find something to wear.

"You put him in a risky position."

"Like you care." She retorted pulling the nightgown down.

"Regardless of the fact that he exterminates my family, I do not wish to participate in another war. I choose you so we wouldn't need to fight."

Raven's whole body froze as she turned slowly.

"Why? Because I'm weak?"

Araxys stood, his neck slithered in contempt as his voice rose. "You are not weak, Hatchling. Stop putting words in my mouth. Now sit, I must talk to you about the bond before-"

But the doors opened and Lady Jane rushed inside holding what looked like tons of white fabric. The dress was immense, it needed three people to walk it in.

"What about the bond?"

"I'll tell you when we get a moment."

"We won't get one." She anticipated, understanding they will keep her on her feet for hours trying to make her look presentable.

"Just enjoy this little moment of peace, Hatchling."

"Do you believe he will let me go if I tell him the truth?"

Araxys' golden eyes shimmered with realization.

"You want to get married and leave him right away?"

"I just wish to complete this prophecy so I can live my life in peace."

"You must stay here."

"Why?"

"Because it's you and me that makes this work, you cannot leave. It would-"

He had shut as if he had just realized something important.

"What, Araxys? What?"

"Oh, milady, you look absolutely terrible." Lady Jane assorted as she played with Raven's hair. She was still eyeing her dragon, begging him to speak.