30

30

"How long does it take from here to Twistal?" Raven inquired as Lela was fitting her bright red dress.

"Come again, your majesty?"

Raben cleared her throat and looked at Ami for a little hand.

"it depends. On dragon wing should be couple of hours. On foot three days." She tapped her chin thinking.

"On Zeus wingspan?" Raven asked Araxys.

"A day, if he's in a hurry a little less. The lad is pretty fast."

Raven glared at her dragon with mocking eyes. "So you're telling me a small thing as Zeus can fly almost faster than a mighty dragon?"

Araxys scoffed.

"I do not care to rush to places or else I could eat the distance in twenty flaps give or take."

"Sure, you could."

Araxys roared making Raven laugh heartly she let Lela finishing pinning her hair up.

"he's grumpy today."

"That happens when a hatchling bothers my nap."

Raven's cheek hurt for how much she was smiling.

"He has mold in his scales."

"If I did, you'd have to clean it so do not put that into the universe, hatchling."

"I would love to give you a bath."

He growled and turned on his tail so he wouldn't face the giggling girls.

"Is there something we can do to help him, your grace?"

Raven laughed some more and shook he head.

"he will live."

"You on the other hand."

She advised the girls not to get too close to the dragon today and head down.

She didn't feel nervous this time. Something had shifted after that weird dream she had where she had met the king. She doubted it had been real.

Araxys had saved her. she could feel his power in her bones. And yet, whenever she looked at the seemingly harmless ring, the livid around it had disappeared and her finger had turned normal.

She was sure it had been purple right before she fell asleep.

But it didn't mean anything.

She had a slave mark once. Araxys had erased it. maybe he took care of that as well.

She could ask but to be fair, the answer kind of scare her.

Her long burgundy and black dress was lighter than usual. Lela had returned to sew pants under it and yet it felt as comfortable as a second skin. Maybe it was the short sleeve or the tight embroidered corset that left a long space in her chest. She didn't know, it felt different than usual.

She was led into the dining room where a long well decorated table awaited. She was to take place I the middle next to the prince that was seated at the left side of his father and mother.

It was going to be a tiring evening, Raven thought as she walked toward the sovrans.

She didn't bow to any of them and let a man pull her chair back. Suddenly everyone stood from their place as if they were waiting for her to do something.

"Princess." Whispered the prince and she reluctantly lifted her gaze to meet his.

"What am I doing wrong?"