Chapter- 16

Darren had headed home with Justin, since his parents weren't home.

"I'm just saying it's weird, that's all."  Darren said.

"It's not weird it's perfectly normal." Justin argued. "Not everything has to be paranormal and weird all the time."

Justin closed the door, taking off his shoes, as they both sat on the couch.

"So, you don't think it's weird that right after Lucas gets kidnapped by the crazy asylum girl, his 'cousin' shows up? What if she's holding him hostage?" Darren pointed out, adding air quotes.

"Why does everything have to have a backstory with you Darren?" Justin asked.

"The girl seemed highly suspicious; I am refusing to believe a single word she says." Darren told.

"You do you." Justin said. "I think she is a nice girl, who just happens to be visiting her cousin, that's all, and please don't ask Lucas any of this, I'm sure he is still sensitive from his kidnapping, and definitely don't ask Val, unless you want your first impression to come off as crazy."

"Are you sure he was kidnapped?" Darren asked.

"Okay this is just crazy; don't tell me you think he ran off with the asylum girl now?" Justin snapped. "How about we forget all of this nonsense, and go to the arcade? He suggested.

"Really?" Darren questioned. "I don't know how you are so chill with this; you are blinded by her innocence."

"And you are delusional." Justin told. "Last year you were convinced aliens were real, because you thought you saw a UFO in the sky."

"I did see a UFO in the sky!" Darren argued.

"Keep telling yourself that, I'm going to make us a snack." Justin said, walking towards the kitchen.

Darren groaned.

"I'll find evidence that they are the same person."

"When you do, you can call me." Justin said smugly.

Justin came out of the kitchen, holding some cereal.

"This is all I have; we need to go to the grocery store for more I guess."

"You are blinded!" Darren yelled.

"I am not blinded; I have all my senses. I don't think the same is for you though, you are missing the most important sense of all. Common sense. Maybe you should try it sometime, so you stop sounding crazy." Justin said, calmer than Darren expected.

"I'm on to something, I know it." Darren told.

"Can we just stop arguing, you have been talking about this since we got in the school bus, Val is perfectly normal. I am ending this argument."

Darren groaned in frustration.

"How about we go to the grocery store to get milk, and more snacks, unless you want to have dry cereal?" Justin asked.

"Fine." Darren said, his voice having a sharp sting to it.

Darren and Justin grabbed their bikes, which was parked in front of the house.

"Come on." Justin nudged, as they both walked in the mall, stopping at a grocery store inside it.

"Justin." Darren whispered. "Look." He pointed to the wig store, Lucas and Valerie, were walking inside it. "Why would they be going to a wig store?"

"Maybe they want to get early Halloween costumes?" Justin suggested.

"Four months early? I don't think so. Doesn't the asylum girl have a shaved head, what if they are getting wigs for his so called 'cousin'."